First Flight, BUT.....

I'm not a big fan of constant updates. Seems to me once you buy something, you shouldn't have to be connected to the company you bought it from. Probably think that way due to my experiences with dji 5 months ago. There's a bunch of guys that don't agree with me, but, this is my drone, I'll do whatever I want.
And, as far as a lot of guys having trouble with the new update, a number of them get online and pitch a ***** saying the updates bad, and it could very well be, but I'm running 1.2.4 (I think that's the number, 1.2.?), but some of them just disappear after a short while, due to the guys telling them what they did wrong, or them figuring out what they did wrong. There are 10;s of 1000;s of guys running 1.3.5, and apparently having no trouble. This site gets everybody that is having trouble and has already gone through dji, and they show up looking for solutions.
Hence the reason I don't like updates. They could come out with an update that would ground every phantom in America. But everyone would have to do the update. That's why I don't do em. Anyway, sorry for the rant, but it just gets my goat. BTW, have you tried getting out away from your area, just to see if it makes a diff? I'm from a medium size town in Missouri, Independence, and that town is covered with cell towers. I tried flying there before the winter, and gave up. Too much interference. My buddy still lives there, and he wrecked his P2V+ the first time he flew it there. He and I learned together down at the lake of the Ozarks. He was fine, a little skiddish, but he knew how to fly it. Again I apologize for the rabling.

Man, no apology needed for your rant. This **** is making me rant too, lol! 1...I wonder if this is a!"China thing." I told my wife last night that these people manufacture toys with lead paint on them and export them to the US for our kids to use. Do you think!they reallymcare if our drones work the way they should? And 2...By most accounts Phantoms are the most popular and best selling drones in the world. Wouldnt you think that a company that makes THAT many drones and makes THAT MUCH MONEY would be able to make anmapp that functions properly and would be able to provide 24 hour tech support phone lines for!the product they sell? I have heard so many cool things about the Phantoms, and I have heard TONS about Dji's BS customer service. I haven't even had my drone one week and to say I'm not too impressed so far would be an understatement.

I always turn airplane mode on my phone then go to wifi and turn on p3 wifi.

Is my issue with no signal an issue that you had as well and that rectifies it? Or just the normal way you go about doing things?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj