First flight and I'm hooked!

Reaction score
So I posted an introduction here last November when I got my P4, unfortunately by the time I got it winter was here in Minnesota and I didn't want to take any chances. Fast forward to today and after having a few months to read and watch numerous videos on the P4 it warmed up enough FYI take my first outing! Took a few short flights after going through the set up and I was amazed at how easy it is to fly! Took a few pics just trying to get used to everything, so much to learn about this bird but so far I love it!
5de503da333c38f0376bcd3d0092cf61.jpg

Turned cloudy and had really flat lighting but I was impressed with the camera nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That's awesome and good idea not to fly it when it's really cold out. DJI says not to fly when its 30 degrees and below. It's addicting for sure :)

Reactions: chopperguy
Camera is sick on the phantom 4! You can get some amazing pics/vids. I picked up he vivid series polar pro filters and they enhance pics/vids even more.

I am impressed with your discipline. Wild horses could not have kept me from flying mine for that long.

So I posted an introduction here last November when I got my P4, unfortunately by the time I got it winter was here in Minnesota and I didn't want to take any chances. Fast forward to today and after having a few months to read and watch numerous videos on the P4 it warmed up enough FYI take my first outing! Took a few short flights after going through the set up and I was amazed at how easy it is to fly! Took a few pics just trying to get used to everything, so much to learn about this bird but so far I love it!

Turned cloudy and had really flat lighting but I was impressed with the camera nonetheless.

Happy flying sport mode good fun,,,,,

I am impressed with your discipline. Wild horses could not have kept me from flying mine for that long.

Not so sure it was discipline, more the cold weather and almost being a little afraid to fly it. Looking at it in the sky all I see is money flying around. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip on the filters, I'm checking them out!

I highly suggest the Polar Pro Cinema series shutter collection. They're not cheap, but well worth it IMHO!

Also wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up their less expensive 3 pack which gives you the lower density filters ( CP, ND4, ND8) which can come in handy on the less sunny days (and at dusk).

Unfortunately, you will not find either at Best Buy. Purchase direct from PP and they throw in a decent carry case.

Combined you will have all the filters you'll ever need for any type of setting.

I waited for over a month before I purchased my filters and now realize it should have been my very first addition!

keep in mind that if you want to keep the PP lens attached to the drone while transporting, you'll need the PP gimbal guard as well.

I highly suggest the Polar Pro Cinema series shutter collection. They're not cheap, but well worth it IMHO!

Also wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up their less expensive 3 pack which gives you the lower density filters ( CP, ND4, ND8) which can come in handy on the less sunny days (and at dusk).

Unfortunately, you will not find either at Best Buy. Purchase direct from PP and they throw in a decent carry case.

Combined you will have all the filters you'll ever need for any type of setting.

I waited for over a month before I purchased my filters and now realize it should have been my very first addition!

keep in mind that if you want to keep the PP lens attached to the drone while transporting, you'll need the PP gimbal guard as well.

I can't thank you guys enough for these tips! Seems like lens/filters will be my first upgrade. I got this drone because of my love for flying and the view it gives me is awesome!

I'm just west of the cities, you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep me in mind, I'm just learning about these birds. Got a friend close by that has one also, gonna be looking for cool places to fly this spring / summer.

Coming from a P3 Standard my P4 blows me away.I am so glad I cancelled my Mavic Pro order after waiting over 3 months with no ship date.I scored my P4 for $899 brand new and love it!

when I first bought a DJI drone, I bought the DJI standard then I return it for the phantom 3 pro 4K and then I returned that to finally land on the p4 and been blown away by this machine! Been flying since may with it and I still get excited like it's the first time. Fast, awesome flight modes and camera is amazing!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj