First Flight - a few comments, might help others

Reaction score
I've only had my P2 a couple of days and been in the air 3 times. Here are a couple of observations based on my first hour or so of flight that might help others about to take their first flight.
* if you go to far off you very easily loose orrientation - I did
* its darn hard to see the red strips or the LEDs even not that far out - I couldn't
* Stay close - I went up too far and didn't notice the low battery LEDs, it desended and landed on its own. flat ground thank goodness.
* Stay in wide open spaces - I didn't...well only once showing my elderly Dad in his back garden. nearly hit a garden feature - slowly
* don't go full throttle without big space infront - it takes a while to stop!
* Calibrate compass every flight - religiously - 30 seconds does it -saves drifting into a tree on take off - I nearly did
* Dont take off near trees
* Go real slow - not natural I know!

Have fun - I am!

...off to fit my iOSD, fpv, transmitter and gimbel.

juche1777 said:
Set your Home Lock or return to Home it works! If you lose orientation just flip the switch. ;)
Yeah, Its such good feature it should be enabled as default.

Don't forget to put summer, or winter props on depending on the season. :?

Always rub motor oil on your prop blades before you go fly. Slick blades = decreased friction with the air = longer battery life. :eek:

Good tips. But I thought the conventional wisdom was that if you have a good compass calibration that you should not mess with it. Doing it every time increases the risk of getting a bad one due to unseen interference (rebar under concrete, etc) that can lead to an ouchie.

tawd77 said:
Always rub motor oil on your prop blades before you go fly. Slick blades = decreased friction with the air = longer battery life. :eek:

Synthetic or dino juice? :?

I changed the oil in the gimbal motors to a lighter weight when I changed the filter last time due to the cold weather we've been having. The video is so much smoother now.

skeeter said:
tawd77 said:

Synthetic or dino juice? :?

Did you really have to ask? Synthetic, always synthetic... But I also found that Wesson Canola oil will work in a pinch. Don't ask me how I know. :roll:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20