First Fight...FREAKING AWESOME except wifi!!

Reaction score
I'm new to the PV, as in I just got it Thursday afternoon and flew it the first time today. I have flown RC very little, with 20-30 flights with a micr heli, a Blade CP that I could barely keep at a hover and a RTF park flyer plane (I loved that thing!). Anyway, I just wanted to say that after reading tons on this forum and a few others, watching a lot of videos and reading and re-reading the manual for the PV, taking it up today for the first time was an absolute blast! I couldn't get over how easy it was to fly, how stabile it was and how long the battery lasted. I installed the latest firmware over the weekend and felt more comfortable re-calibrating the compass afterwards. Everything went without a hitch, except the wifi. It was horrible and I constantly lost signal. I was far out in a field away from homes, large power lines and the like, and just couldn't keep a wifi link to the PV. I restarted my iPhone 5s' wifi and the phone itself several times and even tried my step-son's iPhone 5....nothing. I was able to get several short videos (I was not that interested in taking pics/vids and way more interested in flying and getting a feel for the bird). Of the one pic and four short videos, they did turn out beautifully. Wonderful afternoon!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/114053736@N05/11919718823/

Hey you're flyin' at last! Yay! See... It wasn't that bad now, was it?? Nice picture, looks like perfect place to fly. Re WiFi: just make sure the flat side of your Range Extender is pointed towards the Vision. As you get farther away, yaw 90° so the antennas on the sides of the camera are facing you to maintain picture.

Glad your finally up!
iDrone :D

Thanks for your input earlier! I had a blast and can't wait to do it again! One thing I did notice is the DJI app for iOS was updated and now it doesn't look as nice on my iPhone (letters and words are overlaid on top of pics (i.e. I can't see my batt lever, only the icon). Anyway, I've set the app to record if my signal is lost, but I'm not 100% positive it did. I'll have to play around with it more on the next flight. Has anyone else noticed the app update sucks?

Yes, it's an oops on the part of DJI. They inadvertently forgot to hide the iPhone's Status Bar (signal strength, carrier, wifi, compass, Bluetooth, battery%, battery icon) so it's overlaying the app in black font. If you have an iPad or iPad mini it should be fine on those. It's been pulled from the App Store so it'll prob be another few days to a week before it the fixed version reappears.

There's a thread explaining where to download and how to reinstall the previous version if you're good with iTunes, Windows, and File Explorer.

iDrone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik