First DJI-P3pro- Hello from the Adirondack Mountains, NY

Reaction score
Hello to all,

First post have been lurking for some time.

I am From the Lake Placid, NY region of the Adirondack Mountains surrounded by 6 million acres of playground:)

Wife bought me the drone for Christmas I've known about it since November :) , but she would not let me open it until Christmas........ I have been like a 10 year old waiting for Christmas this year :)

I have had a few smaller cheaper drones but this is my first real drone.

I am very nervous and know the best thing here it to take it very slowwww.

Thank You to everyone here who takes the time to help others out. I see there are many .

I now have all my batteries charged . The remote charged. I Pad Air connected and charged.

Before I even take off the gimbal lock and small pc of styro foam that is holding the camera tightly, I am going to replace with Polar Pro ND8 for first few flights.(doing this now with scotch tape seems to work very well)
I know that my next step will be to update the Firmware on the Bird and remote.

At one point I remember seeing here step by step guides for the firmware update and step by step guide for first time pilots but cannot seem to find them now could someone please direct me to them ?

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to All
Rob

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome! and that day is finally here.. Familiarize with the Return To Home function and be sure of the altitude you set (Feet vs. Meters)
Depending on the firmware revision it was shipped with, you may want to wait before updating it. Several issues can occur.
Firmware and other stuff:
Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO - DJI

Thank You , I have been reading up and watching tutorial vids most of the day.
I had already updated the firmware in the drone but now I am having trouble updating the remote for some reason

The controller is updated through DJI go app. While mobile device is connected to home wifi.

Welcome to the forum rpg67 .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

At one point I remember seeing here step by step guides for the firmware update and step by step guide for first time pilots but cannot seem to find them now could someone please direct me to them ?
I have detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Well. After 2 1/2 days of reading and watching tutorials, this afternoon I took my first three flights went very well.
This Drone is extremely stable and the camera is great.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4