First Day...The good, the bad and the questions....Edit: New Problem!!

That is the difference between the Apple and Android versions.
Android has the map and radar separated on the larger tablets also, it's the phones and small tablets that need to be switched with only one map choice on the left to leave room for the camera menu to take up the entire right side of the display :)

Reactions: Meta4
That is the difference between the Apple and Android versions.
To get your orientation, learn to use the radar display which clearly shows you the direction to your Phantom and the direction it is pointing.
If it appears to point the wrong way, you need to calibrate the compass in your tablet (google for instructions)
Another thing to help is you can initiate RTH and the Phantom will turnaround and start to come back.
Then cancel RTH and fly home yourself

Thanks Meta...that's exactly what I ended up doing.
And yes, the arrow appeared to point the wrong way so I will try the calibration.

Android has the map and radar separated on the larger tablets also, it's the phones and small tablets that need to be switched with only one map choice on the left to leave room for the camera menu to take up the entire right side of the display :)

That makes a lot of sense....my tablet is only 8".

To get your orientation, learn to use the radar display which clearly shows you the direction to your Phantom and the direction it is pointing.
If it appears to point the wrong way, you need to calibrate the compass in your tablet (google for instructions)
Another thing to help is you can initiate RTH and the Phantom will turnaround and start to come back.
Then cancel RTH and fly home yourself.

I'm still learning how to interpret the radar but I recently learned about "Home lock" which seems more fool-proof:

Switch to F-mode, click the icon on the middle-left, enable "Home lock", (check the altitude), and pull down the right stick: it should bring the AC above the homepoint.

I'm still learning how to interpret the radar.
It should take you about a minute to understand the radar display - it's very simple and intuitive.
The radar here is showing that the Phantom is well out in front of the pilot (distance indicated in telemetry)
H is home and you can see that the Phantom is pointing a little off to the right of the pilot (who is standing on the only land you can see).
Move the left stick to one side and you'll see the red plane symbol rotate.
When it is pointing to H, the Phantom is aimed right at home.
i-NpPbD55-L.png

Reactions: dtviewer
It should take you about a minute to understand the radar display - it's very simple and intuitive.
The radar here is showing that the Phantom is well out in front of the pilot (distance indicated in telemetry)
H is home and you can see that the Phantom is pointing a little off to the right of the pilot (who is standing on the only land you can see).
i-NpPbD55-L.png

Thanks. I guess my AC has been TOO close to the home point when I have tried to figure out the radar info. What does the white triangle at the top represent -- North?

Thanks. I guess my AC has been TOO close to the home point when I have tried to figure out the radar info. What does the white triangle at the top represent -- North?
You are in the centre.
The white mark is straight in front of you out toward the horizon.

i-NpPbD55-L.png

Thanks for this...it didnt seem to be working that way for me but I cant wait to get out there this weekend and try again.

You could do a cold imu calibration to reduce the warm up time on the bird. Do a search here and you will find an explanation on how and why.
This also drastically reduced my start up time as well. It would be in the minutes just having it sit waiting to fly, now it seems really quick to get to the ready to fly state.

Reactions: dtviewer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik