First day out

Reaction score
I got the newer model yesterday and put it together last night.
I've watched all the tutorials several times and they need updating.

I took it out today with so so results. I've been using a Parrot for a year and a half and the first thing I had to cure was trying to control it by moving the transmitter :oops: Second thing was forget the starting instructions. Both sticks down didn't work, both sticks down and in as per the instructions didn't work.

Both sticks down and to the left works and I haven't seen any mention of that.

I think I'm past that now....the thing drifts badly with no wind but other than a couple of rough landings, nothing bad.

The switches on the left didn't do anything so when I re calibrated to hopefully cure the drift, I noticed the IOC was off in the software. I turned it on with the failsafe set to return to home. Hope that's right. :?

Battery number one is recharging now so I'll take number 2 out and see if I made it better or worse.

Any helpful tips are much appreciated.

You didn't mention if you had done the compass calibration, often referred to as the "dance".

While you had it hooked up to the computer you did a complete advanced calibration too ?

(Also if you downloaded the Quick Start Guide from the DJI web site, there is a photo in there showing the stick combinations to start the motors - left, right, in or out)

Buk said:
You didn't mention if you had done the compass calibration, often referred to as the "dance".

While you had it hooked up to the computer you did a complete advanced calibration too ?

(Also if you downloaded the Quick Start Guide from the DJI web site, there is a photo in there showing the stick combinations to start the motors - left, right, in or out)

Yep...did the dance several times now and a complete re calibration.

There's still some drift but much improved and manageable now.

I got the quick start guide. Downloaded them all actually... Right, In and out don't work. Just left.

I want to get another couple of hours with it, then I'll mount the gimble and get used to the extra weight.

Hi Peter,

I just started using mine as well and I can tell you that the weight makes a bit of a difference. I am having too much fun taking videos, and timelapsed photos, to take off the weight now, but I should have waited a few more batteries. So, hold out if you can..

I threw on a camera after the 4th flight. At takeoff, I needed to compensate for the added weight and I was unable to just go strait up. I have crashed a lot of heli's so I caught it before it sliced into the earth. But, I did smack into the side of my house (high wind) and it seemed unaffected after smacking repeatedly into the siding.

I have also been playing with the altitude settings as I didn't want to go over the 400 ft limit. I tried 30m and it refused to go higher than 3 feet and 425m only allowed it to reach 88ft (according to my camera GPS). Maybe my setup is too heavy as it is definitely ugly! :)

There is a really nice pre-start checklist being made on here, if you have not seen it, and I have been waiting about 2 minutes before taking off and all of the lights are steady.

Have fun!

Attachments

• IMG_7071.JPG
    IMG_7071.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_7072.JPG
    IMG_7072.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 344

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads