First Crash, What to Check

Reaction score
My Phantom got stuck in a tree, I was able to get it down using a long pole but it hit the ground really hard luckily it landed on the Prop guard and that took the brunt of the fall. I was wondering what I should check on it besides Balancing the props and the battery?

Check props and frame for any cracks, replace any props that are damaged as its better to be safe then sorry with props. If one has a small fracture it can fall apart in flight later.

Check that all motors are still spinning freely and no rubbish got inside and that there are no grinding sounds from any motor which may indicate some damage.

Do an advanced calibration in NAZA assistant and Compass calibration before next flight, keep it close and low checking that everything is fine before resuming normal flying again.

The Phantom is pretty tough and can survive a fair crash, just make sure you have the regular all ok led's with no reds prior to your next flight after doing all the checks and you should be all good.

One thing that's been cited as a possible cause of flyaways is the Naza coming loose. With it connected to the Naza Assistant, try rolling and pitching the Phantom through 90 degrees each way, and give it a bit of a shake - if you see any sudden jumps (apaart from during the shaking) or odd readings, open it up and check.

I can't do the advanced Calibration, the software keeps telling me to do an update and I guess they were having problems with the latest version and took it off, so I can't use the Naza-M Assistant Software until I do the update. I just wish I could do the Calibration and not the update.

MattfromOhio said:
I can't do the advanced Calibration, the software keeps telling me to do an update and I guess they were having problems with the latest version and took it off, so I can't use the Naza-M Assistant Software until I do the update. I just wish I could do the Calibration and not the update.
Not being to update is a issue. Not being able to do a calibration is a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattfromOhio said:

I just updated a few days ago. I think it is still there. If you mean a firmware update, do you have the Phantom connected through the USB on your computer?

mikrob said:
MattfromOhio said:

I just updated a few days ago. I think it is still there. If you mean a firmware update, do you have the Phantom connected through the USB on your computer?
Yes I do have it plugged in to my computer
This thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1923 has what I am seeing when I logg into NAZA M assist software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers