First crash. Need advice on next step!

Reaction score
So the camera lens cover got smashed up. Everything else seems fine. I do need to replace it. Can't see one online. Any ideas?
Much appreciated!

Reactions: Jussaguy
So your camera threads that lens cover screws onto was not damaged? Polar Pro ND is the way to go man. Cinema series rocks! Sorry about your minor crash btw.

Correct, the UV filter was smashed, but the actual lens is totally fine. The legs took a bash as well but nothing major. I'm amazed how well he turned out given that the crash caused the battery to fall out (that's toast) and my trackimo to fly out too (note: strap that thing in next time). Downtown San Francsico, thankfully he landed on a fire escape and with the help of a super nice security guy, I was able to retrieve him.
Hurrah!

Reactions: Reed L
If that's all, then I would buy filters for it instead of a new lens cover. Lots of choices.
Detailed comparison of commonly used ND filters
This completely. That is just a .20 part from the that is a cheaply made ND filter that is below average.

If you just cracked this, consider yourself quite lucky and go get yo-self some nice filters and you'll be looking better than before.

Now, if it broke the actual lens, that will suck. The lens, and I assume you know this, is the glass on the camera itself, not the screw on part. Also, I guess JIC you don't know, the front of the camera twists off. Do it gently as the gimbal is a title sensitive and the biggest pain for repairing so that's why I'm hoping with you that you got lucky and it's just the glass. GO GLASS!

Correct, the UV filter was smashed, but the actual lens is totally fine. The legs took a bash as well but nothing major. I'm amazed how well he turned out given that the crash caused the battery to fall out (that's toast) and my trackimo to fly out too (note: strap that thing in next time). Downtown San Francsico, thankfully he landed on a fire escape and with the help of a super nice security guy, I was able to retrieve him.
Hurrah!

DUDE! You are awesome!!!! with sauce.

Thank you sir. I unscrewed the UV lens which is the broken part, and inspected the glass on the actual lens and it's perfect.
The Polar Pro filters, do they screw on in the same way as the UV filter that's already on the 4 when purchased?
Or do they go over that?
Thanks again guys!

Thank you sir. I unscrewed the UV lens which is the broken part, and inspected the glass on the actual lens and it's perfect.
The Polar Pro filters, do they screw on in the same way as the UV filter that's already on the 4 when purchased?
Or do they go over that?
Thanks again guys!
They screw on.

I'm around a lake, if your around or shoot a lot of water, get a polerized filter too, maybe in a pack, makes the water reflection look more natural

Sounds good! Ordered them just now, thanks again fellas
Your gonna love the Polar Pro ND's for sure! It's great to have a ND4 thru ND32. And I guess a polarizer for certain things like water or shiny things. I picked up the Cinema set from them and just love them!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl