First Crash, How to go about fixing broken gimbal?

Reaction score
This is my first time posting in this great forum after doing some general reading for the past few days.

Yesterday I have crashed my P3S for the first time, after having it for a few months. The battery was already very low (less than 20%) when I suddenly lost connection with the drone. After I walked fast towards it to try and regain signal it started descending automatically, as there were only ~30 seconds left on the battery. At this point, it was above tall trees and far away from me, and I don't know if the battery died in mid-air and then drone fell into the trees, or maybe it descended until it touched the trees and then fell all the way to the ground.

I got panicked, ran into the woods and located the drone on the ground. A bit of dirt and scratches, one prop is broken, and the thing that upsets me the most is that the gimbal is completely broken.

So basically, what are my options?

1) Is there a good repair shop in the Boston, MA area I can use? if so, what is the cost of such a fix?
2) From a quick search I did after the crash I know I can get it fixed myself, I'm just not so sure about that as this will be my first time trying to do something like that with the drone. Kinda scary (How will I know that there's nothing else broken)?

Any help and advice are much appreciated.

This is my first time posting in this great forum after doing some general reading for the past few days.

Yesterday I have crashed my P3S for the first time, after having it for a few months. The battery was already very low (less than 20%) when I suddenly lost connection with the drone. After I walked fast towards it to try and regain signal it started descending automatically, as there were only ~30 seconds left on the battery. At this point, it was above tall trees and far away from me, and I don't know if the battery died in mid-air and then drone fell into the trees, or maybe it descended until it touched the trees and then fell all the way to the ground.

I got panicked, ran into the woods and located the drone on the ground. A bit of dirt and scratches, one prop is broken, and the thing that upsets me the most is that the gimbal is completely broken.

So basically, what are my options?

1) Is there a good repair shop in the Boston, MA area I can use? if so, what is the cost of such a fix?
2) From a quick search I did after the crash I know I can get it fixed myself, I'm just not so sure about that as this will be my first time trying to do something like that with the drone. Kinda scary (How will I know that there's nothing else broken)?

Any help and advice are much appreciated.

I had my first crash with my P3A about a week ago. Pilot error and clipped a tree and broke the gimbal arm and ribbon cable. I did a few internet searches and ended up buying a gimbal arm replacement kit that included a ribbon cable as well for around $41. Watched a few YouTube videos and went at it. Took awhile and I know I could do it much faster a second time but I got it all back together and working. Good luck with whatever route you take.

Go on YouTube and search for gimbal repair. P3S you can get all the info you want

I had my first crash with my P3A about a week ago. Pilot error and clipped a tree and broke the gimbal arm and ribbon cable. I did a few internet searches and ended up buying a gimbal arm replacement kit that included a ribbon cable as well for around $41. Watched a few YouTube videos and went at it. Took awhile and I know I could do it much faster a second time but I got it all back together and working. Good luck with whatever route you take.
Thanks. What exactly is a ribbon cable? Is it the black cable that goes along the gimbal arm, that one that is broken in the picture above?

u need double sided ribbon frm ebay dont get single or else u wil waste money.
ebay

This was a serious crash. I just took out the battery and noticed it is dented.

How bad si it? Is this a non-issue and I can safely use it once I get my drone fixed?

Attachments

• IMG_1447.JPG
    IMG_1447.JPG
    759.4 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_1449.JPG
    IMG_1449.JPG
    919.3 KB · Views: 420
This was a serious crash. I just took out the battery and noticed it is dented.

How bad si it? Is this a non-issue and I can safely use it once I get my drone fixed?
I will replace that battery... LIPOs batteries are kind of dangerous. I am certainly will not flight with it if I see visible physical damage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic