first crash already :-(

Reaction score
Finally finished building my 550 tonight so I thought id give it a quick test in the garden.

got it 4inches off the floor before it sped off forward and crashed then flipped.

chipped one prop and snapped the gps mast.

2 weeks building 2 seconds flying :-(

Lee C said:
Finally finished building my 550 tonight so I thought id give it a quick test in the garden.

got it 4inches off the floor before it sped off forward and crashed then flipped.

chipped one prop and snapped the gps mast.

2 weeks building 2 seconds flying :-(

Yea, my first flight with my Blade 450 helicopter ended up pretty much the same way. Of course it was a RTF, but it ended up being a rebuild before I got it going again.

Found the problem.

Even though I double checked everything and calibrated the tx twice. I failed to notice that the aileron and elevator was on the wrong channels.

I have noticed that the naza v2 takes alot longer to find satellites than my phantom.

Lee C said:
I have noticed that the naza v2 takes alot longer to find satellites than my phantom.

I don't notice this on mine, but I've never started them up side by side at the same time, but it does not appear to take any longer than my other 2 which are the ones that came in the Phantom V 1.2 and V 1.1.1.

That is bad luck. Check everything a million times in the assistant and you can still overlook something.

I flew my Tarot today. I videoed the second lift off. I wanted to see if it would even get off the ground so I took it up a few feet and then brought it back down... fired up the camera and the second lift off I tipped it over (I think it snagged my launch platform). Luckily, nothing snapped. Launched it again and it worked fine.

I must have checked everything 10 times - this is my second build (first was almost rtf). I still missed the GPS offset but it worked OK.

Sometimes you won't win - but be stubborn. It will work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic