First Couple of videos, Any thoughts/ improvements?

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
Been flying my heavily modified FC40 for getting on for a year now, getting the hang of it and all, about to do my first 'proper video' (non profit of course ;) ) which would have a similar subject matter and wanted to get your opinions on what I have done so far. I'm getting to grips with the editing software Sony Vegas but may be missing features which would much improve my footage. If you could give the two videos a look in and could find some time to message back would be awesome!

First video, Fixed go-pro with FC40 fpv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkXWDBc_A2M

Second video, Walkera g-2d no fpv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RafKCFqD2yA

Third video coming soon! Zenmuse H3-3D, immersion FPV, 2.4 ghz conversion

I liked the second one. It's hard for me to watch non stable flight video as I'm so used to stabilized.
In the second video I thought at first something was wrong with it because of the static.
I thought the mix of the different camera angles with the aerial was perfect in the 2nd one. The video was fast moving and interesting subject matter all the way.

Thanks Knuckles! Yea looking back on that first video I struggle too with the un-stabilized footage! That was the first time I had even tried to film anything at all with my phantom. Pre gimbal unfortunately. With the static would you say its an improvement?

Awesome! I too enjoyed the mix of angles / types of shots.
I would not be brave enough to fly my Phantom through the trees like that....

I was watching on a laptop ...about 17 inch. Much of the motion looked blurry. The shots with camera off quad seemed sharp.

Okay. Would you say that's a frame rate problem? I was using 1080 at 30fps with a 3 silver. Now I'm using at 3+ black on 1080 at 60. Do you reckon that will improve things?

The 60fps really should help. However, in my experience with MTB footage, you really need good light conditions. The shadow from the trees really darkens things, and you often end up with blurry edges.

Oh okay, I will have to report back on that! Do you have any tips on shooting MTB footage other that that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers