First bonehead mistake...

Reaction score
Got home last night and decided it was a perfect evening for flying. Got the bird up to about 250' and commenced to survey the neighborhood. In my haste, I neglected to pay attention to my signal. Was flying along enjoying everything when the screen on my iPad went black and the red signal warning appeared. It flickered in and out and the bird was spinning furiously counterclockwise. By this time my heart was dropping. Then I realized, I'm standing BEHIND my house and the drone can't find the signal. So here I was, in my lounge pants no less, running through my neighborhood trying to regain the signal. Finally, got her back home but a scary experience nonetheless. Just thought I'd share how dumb some people can be. LOL

Three words...

Line Of Sight! :)

Reactions: SilverStone641
Very interested on the spinning part, you don't have it set to return home if signal is lost?

Yes, I do! Had my finger on it! Was a micro second from pushing it when the signal came back. Probably should've RTH'd her home but hesitated. Lesson learned. Or are you talking about an "auto" function to RTH? If there is one...

Do the settings reset with every update?

Do the settings reset with every update?
yes, you should check your settings before every flight just to be safe. Make sure your failsafe is set to rth if that is what you want it to do and make sure your rth altitude is set correctly or it will default to 30 meters

Reactions: TWP723
yes, you should check your settings before every flight just to be safe. Make sure your failsafe is set to rth if that is what you want it to do and make sure your rth altitude is set correctly or it will default to 30 meters

Sweet! Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl