First big crash. Need advice.

captainmilehigh

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Bumped into a building today and only real damage I see so far is the camera broke off the gimbal along with the ribbon type wire. Plus cracked 1 corner of the gimbal mount ( that's attached to the a/c). I'd like to test the motors but the R/c won't connect to the a/c. Have strong wifi signal, but will not start motors. Aircraft lights stay in self test- red/green/yellow sequence. I still get tone at a/c power up, but no motor action. And I must admit, it was pilot error, and a VERY hard hit. Also, status light on r/c staying red. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

sorry to hear that hope you get it fixed

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Well, after spending the afternoon jumping around the Phantom Forum and researching repairs, warranties, and parts, I think I made a decision. The P3S that I crunched today was only $399 on eBay, and there are more left at that price, so bird # 2 is on order. Now bird # 1 is a parts bird. Still learning not to bump into stuff that won't move outa' the way (trees, buildings, etc) so I'm glad I started with a Standard and not a more pricey Phantom. Thanks to all on ALL ASPECTS of the PhantomPilots Forum for their opinions, videos, and suggestions to a noob like me. Thanks a bunch guys, it is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj