Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

First battery warning.

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by leekiya, Aug 31, 2014.

1. leekiya

Hi guys, i all ways bring my fc40 back down after the first red blink to warn me of low battery, which is all ways 3.8v which gives me about 8 mins flying time. Is anybody else flying for a few mins longer and do this all the time. If so how many more mins longer 1 or 2 ect ect. Just wondering if i am being over cautious that all.

2. mikey

I haven't flown a lot... maybe 10 flights max (although I've had it long enough I should have many more under my belt). I've always taken it to the second warning, which at times has given me an additional 3 min or so. However I'm wondering if this is the cause of my drop in flight time. I started out at past 10 min.. but now can hardly pass 5 min.. (with the original battery). I haven't changed any of the low voltage settings (btw)

3. leekiya

Ok cool i will try next time staying up for a couple more mins maybe and then check what the lipo is at after doing that a few more times. Its strange how your flight time is dropping, i can only think maybe once or twice its dropped below 3.2v which is min for a lipo and its not liked it maybe. cheers for the info mikey.

4. Cajvol94

After I get the 1st level alarm I always bring it close and fly it at about 1/3 to 1/2 throttle and usually get an additional 2min or so.

5. leekiya

ok cool cheers i will try this.

6. Musicman

i'm flying normally untill my phone alarm goes of after 8 minutes. Then i fly in such a way i can check the red light warning constantly, when the first warning comes i bring it in and keep flying close untill it lands by itself. in total about 12 minutes. with the standard and the turnigy 2200 packs.

7. Lonewolf

Continually taking it to the 2nd level warning begins to harm the battery. You'll find you'll be getting less and less time out of it.

8. Musicman

The batteries are 8 euros per pack. Once they go down in flight time, i'll get new ones. Got 6 of the cheap ones now. Plus the original pack and a 2700 pack.