First attempt at color grading.

Reaction score
I have been watching a lot of videos on color grading and this was my first real attempt. Any feedback good or bad would be nice. I used davinci resolve and sony vegas. This video was shot on auto. Im learning how to set the exposure myself so my next footage should get even better.

Reactions: kitareview
Nice but for me it is a little to blue. I like the more natural look. I mostly modify the brightness or contrast and maintain the color tones. I guess it in the eye of the beholder. Water looks like it's in the Caribbean. Nice flying

I agree with RoyVa. The colors are a bit too saturated. My test is to set the saturation where I like it and then back it off a couple points. I tend to over saturate some videos so that the colors match my memory of the time I was there filming. Most of the time it is too much for viewers. You can tell that in the horizon where the trees appear almost to glow un-naturally. I'm not sure if you started with a flat LOG profile or not but it does appear that your highlights are blown out a bit in the water. If you start with the LOG profile, it would help you retain that information and pull more details from your color editing. Keep on practicing. This is the most enjoyable part of the hobby for me. Working on the edits and trying new things.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1