First attempt at a Photosphere using Litchi

Reaction score
SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity

Using Litchi Pano mode I used 3 rows, 12 photos per row. All bracketed with + & -2EV. So I ended up with 114 RAW photos. The pano mode takes 2 bottom photos so ((3x12)+2)x3. Imported all 114 images into Adobe Camera Raw and ran the Phantom 3 lens corrector then combined each bracketed photo set to create one HDR photo. Did that 38 times (groan) then exported those as jpeg files using max quality. Imported those into PTGui Pro. I'm not happy with the way PTGui aligns images in bracketed sets so using Adobe Camera Raw is my preference. It also gives me far better pre-processing control over each photo before passing them off to PTGui to create the Photoshere. Imported that file into Photoshop to add the missing sky (P3P drone won't point "up") using content-aware fill.
I'm quite happy with the results.

Reactions: embayweather
Good work! Is there a way to auto bracket or did you run pan 3 times? Thank you

nice job.
theres a little glitch on the sky, try using sky images that have been formatted as a panorama and be sure that both images (panorama and sky) have the same width.

and if you dont like ptgui theres always autopano and pano giga (the one i use)

Nice!
Location/height?

Fyi: You can use the masking feature in PTGUI to remove things like cars or other objects you do not want, you can also use control points to make sure things like roads come out straight and smooth.

what file formats are compatible for upload to skypixel?

Good work! Is there a way to auto bracket or did you run pan 3 times? Thank you
Hi, thank you! Litchi photo settings in iOS allow for bracketing. I'm not sure about Android. I wish DJi would add the bracketing options that are available with Litchi. If I'm not mistaken, when using the DJi software to take bracketed pictures the EV option is only plus or minus .7 or .3 whereas Litchi goes to at least plus or minus 3 from what I saw in the options when I set this up.

Cheers

Last edited:
nice job.
theres a little glitch on the sky, try using sky images that have been formatted as a panorama and be sure that both images (panorama and sky) have the same width.

and if you dont like ptgui theres always autopano and pano giga (the one i use)
Hi, yeah I did see the glitch beforehand. I realized afterwards that I should have cloned the edges of the image around the sky differently which would have made a seamless picture. I might revisit the project in Photoshop to correct it at some point.

Cheers

Last edited:
Nice!
Location/height?

Fyi: You can use the masking feature in PTGUI to remove things like cars or other objects you do not want, you can also use control points to make sure things like roads come out straight and smooth.

what file formats are compatible for upload to skypixel?
Hi, that was taken in Campbell River, BC in Canada. If you click the little "I" button beside the filename in Skypixel it will pop up a map to show you where I flew from. The height was 395'.

I am considering further editing of the image but now that I know how it works (this photosphere thing) I will do my editing in Photoshop as I have years of experience with it. I'll probably post a follow-up here with a corrected image shortly as there are a few things I could correct.

Cheers

I should mention that when I uploaded the image to Skypixel it took several hours, at least 4 I think, for the image to process. Not sure if this is regularly the case or their servers were busy that day.

I should mention that when I uploaded the image to Skypixel it took several hours, at least 4 I think, for the image to process. Not sure if this is regularly the case or their servers were busy that day.

i guess it was a problem with skypixel, that has been solved. i tried uploading images on monday night and i left them processing for an hour, i ended deleting them since i though they would never process. i uploaded then on tuesday and were processed in minutes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4