Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

First aerial footage...excellent experience!

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Brew, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Brew

So I just received my Phantom 2 Vision from B&H Photo the Friday after Christmas. The weather was fairly windy on Friday so my maiden flight was about 3 minutes at about 10 feet of altitude. :cool:

However, I took it along to a party on Saturday and the weather on Saturday was great here in central Pennsylvania. Unit performed great. The WiFi via my Nexus 5 dropped at about 350 feet altitude and 400 feet distance, I think because of interference from my iPhone...

Thought I'd post the videos:
    1. Part I
    2. Part II
    In Part II, I turned off the transmitter/controller and allowed the P2V to return and land on its own. And it did, with no problems. Very cool. All in all nothing special - just flying around and trying to learn. :D

2. iResq

Awesome. I ordered mine from B&H. Received tracking info that it was supposed to be here last Friday. All that arrived was the micro SD card. Website says Phatom order sent to warehouse :evil: :evil: :evil:

3. Brew

I'd call 'em.
    Its been my experience, they offer excellent customer service. I think they will make it right. BTW the included SD Card came installed in the camera on mine... or did you order an additional SD card?

4. iResq

I called. They are waiting on a case that came packaged. I was hoping to video my Christmas display before breaking it down this weekend.

5. Rigger609

Leave it up until it gets there. Shoot the video then take down the display. :D