First 3 flights..on G S, and a question

Reaction score
I am working up to doing some flying over the Ohio River. I live in Madison Indiana and am wanting to do some pre programed ground station flights up and down our river front area but out over the water slightly. I am thinking I can get some great video and have it do all the flying for me. I made 3 successful GS test flights this evening over unpopulated land in our industrial park. Man it is hard to hit that go button and watch it just take off and leave !!! I do at least have a tracker now.

EDIT:
I had intended to lace that last post with a GS question and forgot about it but here goes.

I noticed on one of my 3 Ground Station flights tonight that I had one occasion of moving to a next waypoint where I jumped the altitude at station up from 50' to 120' and it looked like it stopped at the prior and done the full ascent and then moved on to the next programmed waypoint at that height. I had assumed a tapered line but in aviation thinking the raise up would make more sense as you might be programing to clear an obstacle and a taper might not get it. Is this correct and will it do the same going down ??

Yeah the adaptive and banked turns are tricky... Use a stop and turn first to get it to altitude and then feel free to use bank and adaptive... I've crashed my phantom because of the difference :)

I have a V+ so i am just running on the phone app version of ground station and don't think I even have those options

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl