firmware

Reaction score
At what version number did the firmware/dji go app start no fly zones on phantom 3 Professional

1.5.x

I have the latest for all and I see an option on DJI Go to disable nfz. Not sure how effective it is.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

1geo.jpg

NFZ's are important especially if you are in unfamiliar territory. However, keep in mind that they are based on a radius surrounding various airports/helipads, etc. I live in a NFZ, yet within that 5mile radius I know there are many areas that airplanes will never fly, especially at lower altitudes and considering it is mountainous and hilly. My favourite practice place is in this NFZ, but perfectly safe for flying. It would be nice if NFZ areas were more accurate, but as always common sense and being aware of your surroundings is the responsible way of flying.

NFZ's are important especially if you are in unfamiliar territory. However, keep in mind that they are based on a radius surrounding various airports/helipads, etc. I live in a NFZ, yet within that 5mile radius I know there are many areas that airplanes will never fly, especially at lower altitudes and considering it is mountainous and hilly. My favourite practice place is in this NFZ, but perfectly safe for flying. It would be nice if NFZ areas were more accurate, but as always common sense and being aware of your surroundings is the responsible way of flying.
Whew, not something that I would advertise! You can rationalize it all you want to, but deliberately flying in a NFZ is a serious violation that could land you in deep kimchi! No one ever wins trying to decide which laws, regs, etc. they will selectively follow.

Reactions: Falcon900
Current info for Canada. Guidelines for safe and legally flying UAV. Detailed info states 9 km (close). Transport Canada due to come out with more specific regs soon.
IMG_0438.PNG

Its a disused airstrip in south africa and they want aerials of a new school within the zone

Hi Guys just to clear up we have been contracted to take aerials of a new school that has been built here in South Africa its in a small Town and the the airstrip is no longer used because we in Africa we cannot use flight planner from DJI for some reason they have this mapped as an airport yet further on in Zululand the new airport has no restrictions . Is there any way to get the older firmware for the P3 we have a P4 as well but Im not sure that can be downgraded . The restrictions can be lifted by Dji but unfortunately they dont have the dji unlimit app for android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers