Firmware

Reaction score
Is it advisable to always keep the phantom updated with new releases, i read that some have issues after various updates to firmware?

All current firmware releases are stable. It's a good idea to wait a few days after a new version has been released to see how it works out.

Reactions: bmcgnh and mrpp
Yeah i guess let others iron out the bugs first. thanks.

Yeah i guess let others iron out the bugs first. thanks.

Yeah I have 2 P3Ps and I tend to be an early adopter -- so I will upgrade one and see how it does before upgrading the other.

So yeah... there are a bunch of us who have a way to test a firmware update without the risk of not having a stable Phantom - so watch the boards for a couple days and you'll see quickly if there's a problem with a firmware or if you're good to update.

Reactions: mrpp
I disagree if you are flying fine what is the update going to do ? Unless they are adding new features I just don't see the point . But to each there own .

I've followed msinger's advice. I wait a few days and see if there are any big issues. Even though my quad has been flying fine I've downloaded the updates. Hell, if I never updated unless there were problems I'd still be running WordPerfect and Windows 98. I've taken the chance and so far I've found the DJI updates to be solid.

My question--once I update the firmware do I need to/should I keep that .bin file in the root of my SD card? Or can I remove it? I notice the XXXresult_ab.text file always appends "The firmware on the SD card..." with the date and time.

Okay to remove the bin file? Or just leave it there?

Okay to remove the bin file? Or just leave it there?
It's fine to remove it after the firmware has been installed on all batteries (if needed).

It's fine to remove it after the firmware has been installed on all batteries (if needed).

In fact... now that you can downgrade - you should remove the bin file :) I accidentally downgraded a Phantom one day because I put an older card into my Phantom and turned it on and the Phantom downgraded lol. My fault.... should have checked the card before I put it in...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers