Firmware Version Question - HELP!!!!

Thanks. I'm getting that feeling. Is there anything in particular that looks off?

Thanks. I'm getting that feeling. Is there anything in particular that looks off?

I would 1st need to know you are getting the txt file from the FlightRecord folder. If so, then because those files keep showing signs of being corrupt, we would then download the DAT flight log file from the aircraft itself. The DAT file would show more detailed data then the TXT file.

There are several things that could be causing this issue. Of course the best option would be if I could be able to help in person, but I'm not sure where you are even located. Because of what is going on with the TXT files I keep getting the feeling something is not right with the device running the GO app. Or possibly the wrong firmware was loaded in the aircraft? Regardless of the issue, it's likely going to take some time to figure out what it is.

What have you done so far?

Update. I double checked to verify I was getting the txt file from the correct folder. Also verified I installed the correct FW to bird,both batteries and controller. Also running latest version of Go app. Since I only had it for 3 days I took it back and exchanged it for a new one. In the process of charging,updating etc. Hope for a quick test run later today if the weather holds out. All of the help is greatly appreciated! I'll post the results of the new bird later today hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Update. I double checked to verify I was getting the txt file from the correct folder. Also verified I installed the correct FW to bird,both batteries and controller. Also running latest version of Go app. Since I only had it for 3 days I took it back and exchanged it for a new one. In the process of charging,updating etc. Hope for a quick test run later today if the weather holds out. All of the help is greatly appreciated! I'll post the results of the new bird later today hopefully.

Great! One little piece of advice....don't get in a hurry to do ANY updates!

OK. Thanks.

I stopped doing updates shortly after Halloween last year. Just because a new update comes out, don't think that it is a must do process. It would be better to just get familiar with your new investment then worry and think something might not work because it wasn't updated right away.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Got in a quick couple flights with the new bird. Zero connectivity issues. Didn't get out super far,700' approx. Maxed out at 400' high. Musta been something pretty sketchy with the other birds. Thanks again for the help to all!

Reactions: Oso
Got in a quick couple flights with the new bird. Zero connectivity issues. Didn't get out super far,700' approx. Maxed out at 400' high. Musta been something pretty sketchy with the other birds. Thanks again for the help to all!

That's awesome. I bet the log files and everything is as it should be now. 700ft is a good start. Btw, are you sure it wasn't 700 meters?

Also. you will want the flat side of the antennas to point directly at the aircraft especially when you are out at a distance. My next suggestions would be the 32 channel mod, and adding a WindSurfer. With those 2 mods you should be able to fly 8000ft to 15000ft depending on altitude and the area you are flying in.

Yeah it was 700 feet. Just out in my back yard neighborhood area. The 32 channel mod worries me a little. What happens when the channel I choose drops is my question. Since it's not on auto would I have to keep going on a bed picking another channel? Windsurfers are on the way as well lol

Yeah it was 700 feet. Just out in my back yard neighborhood area. The 32 channel mod worries me a little. What happens when the channel I choose drops is my question. Since it's not on auto would I have to keep going on a bed picking another channel? Windsurfers are on the way as well lol

I installed the 32 channel mod when it 1st came out and have never since flown without it. I found channel 32 to perform the best of all of them.

You should not be worried about something unless you see a string of others that have had such an issue. Nobody that I'm aware of has had the issue you are concerned with.

I have a P3P & have been flying out 20 to 21000 with no problems then updated my ipad mini now I get weak image signal warnings all the time . Watch out doing updates

Hey all,

Im fairly new to the Phantom 3, but have gotten some great flights in already.

When I first received my Phantom I upgraded the firmware and everything worked fine. I'm having some range issues so I went back to check the firmware versions on both the craft and the transmitter. My aircraft shows version 1.9.60 and my transmitter shows version 1.6.0. Should these firmware versions match? My controller is not showing an update is needed.

Thanks in advance!

This happened to mine and I did a factory reset of the iPad and set it up as a new iPad and not restored from a back up, then installed dji app and that fixed the range issue!!!!
Why that would cause range issues? I have no logical idea

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj