Firmware version confusion

Reaction score
I am starting a new thread because my original concern seems to have evolved into a new issue.
I got the Phantom 3 new last week and did an upgrade on the firmware when prompted. App was 3.1.2 (iOS) and firmware was 1.8.10. Sd card said result success. When I look at my firmware version now it says 1.6.80+.
Only things I did since was bought a new battery and new 64 gig sd card.
Under overall status, only with the new battery it says firmware upgrade required ( not with the new battery) but no banner comes up in the app to allow me to upgrade?
Any suggests or direction?

Update battery the same way you updated the drone with a .bin file on the sd card. Do that with any new battery.

Thanks for all your help guys. So in overall status it's just the new battery that says ver 1.6.80. New one is ok. Back to my original problem then, how do I update the new battery. No banner comes up from the app allowing me as I did originally. I do have the standard, not 4K. Can you upgrade with the standard from bin? And how?

Thanks for all your help guys. So in overall status it's just the new battery that says ver 1.6.80. New one is ok. Back to my original problem then, how do I update the new battery. No banner comes up from the app allowing me as I did originally. I do have the standard, not 4K. Can you upgrade with the standard from bin? And how?
It updates itself when you put it in and turn on the bird.

I've tried turning the craft on several times with and without the Controller on for at least 5-10 minutes and still showing the old firmware and needing update on the battery!

Do you still have the bin file on the sd card?

Do you still have the bin file on the sd card?

Yes, bin is still on the sd card. Just took it out now for 15 min. With the battery that won't update. Everything as far as I could tell was working ok. Checked when I got in.....still same old version and overall status telling me I need upgrade???

Don't sweat it. It took 2 or three days for the Ethernet gods to recognize/understand that I had a second battery. It finally gave me the prompt in the app and the update was quite painless, took about 3 minutes.

Don't sweat it. It took 2 or three days for the Ethernet gods to recognize/understand that I had a second battery. It finally gave me the prompt in the app and the update was quite painless, took about 3 minutes.

Are you saying you need to use the battery for a while 1st? Before it recognize you need to update it?

Are you saying you need to use the battery for a while 1st? Before it recognize you need to update it?
Who knows what the rules are, I, like you, expected to get the prompt right away. It didn't happen but its all OK. It affected nothing.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Welcome to the world of DJI.
In fairness, I cannot write or speak Chinese, cannot translate English to Chinese, nor am I a computer programmer...maybe they are doing the best they can???
Rhetorical question of course.

What happened to the days of plug in and see ?

If it works it works ... if it doesn't it doesn't .... then you start to look why.

This battery matter is really blown all out of proportion. The battery will work whether it has old or new FW on it. It makes no difference to the AC ... the battery FW is to do with the charge controller.

Nigel

Daz ... don't overthink this !! Go Fly !!

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl