Firmware version check

WDR

Reaction score
Just got the Vision a week ago and have been enjoying it, but have a few questions
1. How can I find out what firmware version i currently have installed on the Phantom
2. How can i tell how many satellites my Phantom has hooked? On the iPhone display, next to the satellite icon it shows 13 - 14 and that sounds very high
3. Every time i fly it, I go through the calibration procedures and all indications are that they work correctly. I also wait for a minute or so it can find the satellites. With all green on the back end, i fly. Should i now be confident that the RTH process will work correctly, or is there something else i need to do.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide a new guy.

BTW, i have searched the forum for some of these answers and while i have found interesting topics, i am not finding these answers.

WDR said:
Just got the Vision a week ago and have been enjoying it, but have a few questions
1. How can I find out what firmware version i currently have installed on the Phantom
Plug it into your PC and run the assistant software. That will tell you the current revision of each component.

2. How can i tell how many satellites my Phantom has hooked? On the iPhone display, next to the satellite icon it shows 13 - 14 and that sounds very high
You need to learn to trust the app. It's generally right. Satellite visibility depends on location and time of day but if it's telling you that amount, then go and fly safe in the knowledge that you've got some decent coverage.

3. Every time i fly it, I go through the calibration procedures and all indications are that they work correctly. I also wait for a minute or so it can find the satellites. With all green on the back end, i fly. Should i now be confident that the RTH process will work correctly, or is there something else i need to do.
Test it. take it 50' away and turn the controller off. Be brave, you'll be both surprised and pleased.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide a new guy.

BTW, i have searched the forum for some of these answers and while i have found interesting topics, i am not finding these answers.

They're there. All the answers to these questions are there. Maybe phrased slightly differently but they're pretty commonly asked questions :)

enjoy your flying.

Bmews

download the Phantom Assistant software. among the many features is the firmware versions/upgrades
the more satellites the better! yes you have that many
you don't necessarily need to do a compass calibration procedure every time you fly, I do it when I travel and am in a new area just to be safe.
however you SHOULD indeed wait until the Phantom has home-locked before you fly, assuming you want that RTH feature to work properly. and test it at short distance.
make sure you understand how it works first eh? RTH behaves differently if it is triggered below or above 20m height

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31