Firmware v3.04

sorry for the delay but yesterday I got muslin charged batteries all set out to test the firmware 3:04 then?

# SAMESHIT

Still sat on 1.8

I honestly don't think I will EVER come off this firmware. Phantom flies beautifully and I have confidence in the product. When I upgraded to 2.0 some weeks ago it flew like an absolute pig.

I have mine perfect, not changing it!

I think DJI needs to stop thinking of restrictions and add advice and parameters. Am I the only one who found the implementation of the 2m/s descent rate disturbing?
As I understand it descending vertically can cause prop wash issues leading to a crash. Descending in a slope makes these issues much lest unlikely.
So the solution is if you are descending in a slope and the descent rate goes too high, It will ignore all other control inputs and automatically descend vertically, until you reduce the descent rate when all the other control inputs will be restored automatically without any notice.

Nothing about this in the release notes, so on my first flight after the upgrade, well let's just say I nearly needed to change my trousers as with the throttle close to the limit the behavior looked like it was totally out of control! Descending on a slope, then suddenly descending vertical and ignoring all control inputs then kicking off like crazy, then back to vertical etc until I worked out what was happening.

So to limit the vertical descent speed if it get's too fast force it into a vertical descent!!!!! The side effect of this is that descents are now painfully slow, probably dangerously so in for example in a low battery situation.

UKKey said:
Still sat on 1.8

I honestly don't think I will EVER come off this firmware. Phantom flies beautifully and I have confidence in the product. When I upgraded to 2.0 some weeks ago it flew like an absolute pig.

I would like to stay there for the same reason but not sure if I need to update to anything for the H3-3D gimbal I just installed. Stuff is so scattered in here and search is limited. Do you or anyone else reading this know if I the 3D is okay on 1.8? I thought I saw a post about it but I can't find it.

poostik said:
UKKey said:
Still sat on 1.8

I would like to stay there for the same reason but not sure if I need to update to anything for the H3-3D gimbal I just installed. Stuff is so scattered in here and search is limited. Do you or anyone else reading this know if I the 3D is okay on 1.8? I thought I saw a post about it but I can't find it.

I'm really not sure. I don't have a 3D gimbal - more than happy with the 2D. Sorry mate. I'd like to know too though...

BlandGJ said:
I think DJI needs to stop thinking of restrictions and add advice and parameters. Am I the only one who found the implementation of the 2m/s descent rate disturbing?
As I understand it descending vertically can cause prop wash issues leading to a crash. Descending in a slope makes these issues much lest unlikely.
So the solution is if you are descending in a slope and the descent rate goes too high, It will ignore all other control inputs and automatically descend vertically, until you reduce the descent rate when all the other control inputs will be restored automatically without any notice.

Nothing about this in the release notes, so on my first flight after the upgrade, well let's just say I nearly needed to change my trousers as with the throttle close to the limit the behavior looked like it was totally out of control! Descending on a slope, then suddenly descending vertical and ignoring all control inputs then kicking off like crazy, then back to vertical etc until I worked out what was happening.

So to limit the vertical descent speed if it get's too fast force it into a vertical descent!!!!! The side effect of this is that descents are now painfully slow, probably dangerously so in for example in a low battery situation.

I completely agree with your analysis, and nearly died in the VRS death elevator on Wednesday. Miraculously recovered about 15m before impact, after seeing descent rates on the OSD I'd never seen before. Fun to watch the video afterward.

Why don't we crowd-source a skunk-works hack and disabling of that feature? I would happily throw in $100 to anyone who could allow me to slope descend at a steady clip. I tend to climb to 200m on my long-range flights, typically returning home low on fuel, and the pedestrian descent rate is one of the bigger risks of such flights. No point in that 2m/sec speed limit. Perhaps a nice enhancement to the speed limit is to only enforce it in the absence of significant lateral movement of the aircraft. And/or set 6m/sec as the vertical speed limit if one is moving laterally at no less than X meters per second, whatever makes sense as X.

Kelly

Just did a couple of batteries on 3.04 and I noticed a couple of things that were different from 3.02.
1) Stability has always been great on all versions but yaw seems to have been improved on 3.04. If I yaw while hovering it rotates without any lateral movement. :)
2) I am still running the gains as shipped. Basic 120/120/120/200 Attitude 220/220 and after his update my Phantom seem a lot slower. It flies well but not as nimble. May try the new default gains of Basic 125/125/120/140 Attitude 260/260 to see if that makes it how it was before.

Interesting. There are always a lot of false alarms about drift on pirouette whenever a new firmware is released, so I'm very interested in seeing if this one is borne out!

BigBadFun said:
wkf94025 said:
Dude, please change your pic. This is supposed to be fun for the rest of us.

Oh come on. My mum took that photo!! LOL... ok then, I'll find another abonimation to photoshop a phantom on... that took me ages!! :lol: :lol:

Love the new photo!

after repeatedly testing version 3.04, recalibrating the compass as usual even with a magnet, finally decided to downgrade to version 1.08 which seems the most stable so far.

tom3holer said:
Anyone else notice that the yaw doesn't work in full descent?

Tom

Independent of v3.04, it has long been my experience that with either stick in an extreme position, yaw won't register until I back off a bit in the "fire-walled" stick. I have always assumed that was "normal". Not the case for others?

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
tom3holer said:

Tom

Independent of v3.04, it has long been my experience that with either stick in an extreme position, yaw won't register until I back off a bit in the "fire-walled" stick. I have always assumed that was "normal". Not the case for others?

Kelly

agree, on low rotation on motors only the sensors can control speed the motors to mantain a leveled position.

If I have mine on 3.04, how do I downgrade to 1.8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KassioLM said:
wkf94025 said:
tom3holer said:

Tom

Kelly

agree, on low rotation on motors only the sensors can control speed the motors to mantain a leveled position.
Well on 3.04 fore and aft work on bottom stick just not yaw. Might be because bottom stick on the newer s/w isn't really bottom stick.

Tom

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl