Firmware v1.2.6 reliable??

Reaction score
Professional Firmware v1.2.6 reliable??....or should I wait? I have the 1.19 version?

Over 55% of reporting P3Pro users say it sucks donkey and basically installs a demon with a suicide wish in your new $1,500 toy, thus demonically possessing it and smashing it into itty-bitty bits right in front of your eyes.

For the love of all that is holy, learn from my mistakes and DON'T DO IT!!!

Thanks! I will stick with my firmware then. I have the latest app download.. I hope this is okay??

When mine still had 1.19 version firmware, I could hover it perfectly still over pavement and marveled how it compensated for the 5-inch height of the curbs on either side of the street maintaining a perfect altitude over both asphalt and grass.

Now, it's a temperamental child that will start at 3-4 feet, then toilet swirl as high as 15-feet before plummeting toward the grass. Thank GOD I've caught it the time it did. I won't fly it again until the software is fixed, or until I have to return it to beat mu credit card company's 90 day guaranteed purchase policy.

If it's not repaired by my next statement, it's going back and I'll wait until they've got the bugs straightened out before I order a new one.

Reactions: AbsPapa
Hi. I have the latest firmware. In my findings it works perfectly. Funny though why it works for some others not.
I would recommend to proceed with caution

Thanks

I just received my bird and updated, it hover at 1m with no problem, just hover as I did not take it to the sky...

Last edited:
I usually update to the latest firmware. However, this time I'm waiting and sticking to 1.1.9 I have things to do with my P3P so I can't experiment (yet).

I've yet to hear any argument why I should update from 1.1.9 that works well (there are occasional glitch). I simply don't know what 1.2.6 gives me - except perhaps the risk of problems?

DONT DO IT. I had to send back my BRAND NEW brick P3 after I downloaded it.. My 'new' one has 1.9 and its perfect. Will not download any firmware unless they include an update that lets the drone go get me booz for free on its own using AI.

Hi. I have the latest firmware. In my findings it works perfectly. Funny though why it works for some others not.
I would recommend to proceed with caution

Thanks
Ash, did you do an IMU Calibration since upgrading? My upgrade was fine until I performed the Calibration and now it is possessed.

Hi Brett....sorry for late reply. Yes i did the IMU calibration after the update, I also did the stick calibration. Thats got me wondering now that i haven't noticed anyone talking about stick calibration after update.....or did i miss it? Maybe just maybe that may be causing some erratic flying.

Thanks

Over 55% of reporting P3Pro users say it sucks donkey and basically installs a demon with a suicide wish in your new $1,500 toy, thus demonically possessing it and smashing it into itty-bitty bits right in front of your eyes.

Where are you getting this statistic of over 55% from? Just curious.

Mine went from a floating tripod at any height to being fairly erratic at VPS heights (with or without VPS enabled). I've tried recalibrating everything that you can recalibrate, compass calibrations with no metal for 50 feet in any direction, etc. I regret updating to 1.2.6.

That said, once it leaves the range of the ultrasonic sensor, it's as good as ever. So, I'm still enjoying it most of the same ways that I did before. It's a bit nerve wracking during takeoff and landing though. I came very close to a tip over on landing just last night, due to constant erratic lateral movement near the ground.

Where are you getting the 55% number?

Professional Firmware v1.2.6 reliable??....or should I wait? I have the 1.19 version?

NO! Statistically you will probably be fine. The same logic applies to playing Russian Roulette. The 1.2.6 problems are consistent across the board with those affected. The problem is substantial. 1.1.9 is rock solid for most people. Why risk it?

Great imagination!!! There are a few people here with issues. Its been stated now by DJI that the erratic flight issues are App related, and not the firmware at all.

Great imagination!!! There are a few people here with issues. Its been stated now by DJI that the erratic flight issues are App related, and not the firmware at all.

Citation, please?

My trouble began immediately after updating from 1.1.9 to 1.2.6 the morning it was released (my mistake, I know). There was no update for either iOS or Android app that day.

If it were as simple as the app version, people using Android could easily roll back to an earlier version of the app and it wouldn't be such a frustrating problem.

It was an email someone posted and copy/paste of. Dont remember who it was. It wasnt so much the app version or platform, but seemed to me (english was terrible) that the issue stemmed from a slightly faulty app install. It simply suggested reinstalling the app. That isnt always a fix for android because uninstalling doesnt always remove all of the old data. Thats why I suggested trying another device completely as a test.

I dont have any issues at all, updated P3P and newest app on 3 tablets and 2 phones. All I can do is try to help those that do have issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.