P3 Firmware Firmware v. 1.8.10

Reaction score
Just downloaded the version above, now the app says the RC signal is lost, aircraft blinks white lights and will not respond....Any ideas?

Re-link the RC to the drone. Push little button on side of vps module, Push c1, c2, and camera record button at the same time then also push the camera ISO select wheel (yes...it takes all 4 buttons at once) and watch them link.

Re linking did the trick. I used a different procedure but that was the issue, thanks.

yes its for the standard but im not sure it was a good move upgrading its my drone loses signal now and i cant degrade my firmware back to 1.05.07 version. says current firmware dosent allow for revert

So far I've done two firmware updates (1.7 and now the 1.8).

The 1.7.??? went ok, and the DJI Do APP said it was successful. However, after checking the TXT file on the SD card, I found out the update had actually failed (that was the root-cause of some erratic flight maneuvers).
Yesterday I updated again to 1.8.??? and this time everything went fine. I did check the TXT file, and in there it said the update was successful (nowhere on the DJI site, it says to check the file on the SD).

What I found to be a 'foolproof' way to update is like this:

Since the controller and tablet communicate over WIFI (P3S), the WIFI connection needs to be changed a coupe of times to connect to DJI-Go, then download from the web, then re-connect to DJI-Go to go actual firmware update. This was the very 'flaky' point about the whole process.

This time, I used a tablet that had a cellular connection on it, so, while the controller maintained the WIFI connection to the tablet, I downloaded the firmware through the cellular network, and did the upgrade without having to swap networks. Worked fine!

Last edited:
yes its for the standard but im not sure it was a good move upgrading its my drone loses signal now and i cant degrade my firmware back to 1.05.07 version. says current firmware dosent allow for revert
hi my p3s is the same so im going to get a rc booster let u no how it works bob

I think the main reason DJI won't allow down-grades is some sort of liability with the law. Apparently the NFZ (No Fly Zones) were introduced in a recent firmware only, and DJI 'insists' all the drones in its fleet are not only compliant with the various laws, but also gives them some protection should some users get in trouble.

Any other thoughts/perspectives?

I think the main reason DJI won't allow down-grades is some sort of liability with the law. Apparently the NFZ (No Fly Zones) were introduced in a recent firmware only, and DJI 'insists' all the drones in its fleet are not only compliant with the various laws, but also gives them some protection should some users get in trouble

Interesting observation. I have DJI-Go installed on two iPads (iPad Mini 2 and iPad AIr 1). I did update the firmware with one iPad (Air 1), worked fine, but then tried to fly the drone with the iPad mini, and the app is asking me again to update the firmware ... hummm, how does the app know which version of the firmware is on the bird? Does the app keep a log file of its own or does it query the bird everytime I connect? Based on my observation, I'm leaning to the former, though the latter makes more sense.

Further, does this mean that, once the drone is paired with one tablet, it is best to keep flying it with that SAME tablet?

Nope it's worse then ever for me 100 feet out and signal problems. I really think they did try and nerf it for liabilitys and broke it's capabilitys of range.

Sent from my SM-G935T using PhantomPilots mobile app
Nope it's worse then ever for me 100 feet out and signal problems. I really think they did try and nerf it for liabilitys and broke it's capabilitys of range.

Sent from my SM-G935T using PhantomPilots mobile app
im getting 400 ft out and 350 ft up with out booster hope u can sort your drone out bob

In conclusion with these comments, the most appropriate is not to update to 1.8.10 ?, I have not wanted to update because I am not sure yet

So I successfully updated to 1.8.10. However I have two batteries. Do I have to run the update again with the second battery? Is there any way to initiate the firmware upgrade from DJI Go App again once you have completed it once?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic