Firmware Upgrade

Reaction score
Well, it's taken me since 6:30 this morning to find and download this firmware upgrade. I believe it's this file:

PX3_FW_V01.09.0060.bin

Could anyone please tell me if this firmware file upgrades the Phantom 3 Professional, the Remote Control unit as well as the batteries.

I don't know how to do the updgrade yet but I'm hoping someone will take pity and help me with this part.

Thank you for any help.

Bud

Yes, that's the filename of the current P3P BIN. The remote controller is updated from DJI GO (unless it's older than version 1.3.20).

You can find very detailed firmware installation instructions here. If you follow them exactly, you should not have any trouble installing the firmware.

This firmware upgrade is just Phantom and batteries, no RC. The file you have downloaded needs to be saved to the root directory of your SD card you are using in your Phantom. After you have copied the file to SD card, place it into your Phantom and turn it on. No need to switch on RC.
The LED light on the front of the gimble will flash green and red for maybe about 8 minutes or so then turn solid green. Update completed.
If you have more than one battery, just place any other batteries into the Phantom and turn it on and it will automatically update any other batteries.

The green light on the gimble is now solid green but it's still beeping. One Long beep and two short beeps and the lights are all flashing still. Can I shut it off now?

Yes, check this out:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The green light on the gimble is now solid green but it's still beeping. One Long beep and two short beeps and the lights are all flashing still. Can I shut it off now?
Yes.

Thanks very much, and it looks like everything is up to date and working fine. Will try a short, low flight in the yard tomorrow morning.

Bud

Thank you so much for the help.

Well, I think everything has worked out ok since there's no more messages saying upgrade this or that.

The only thing I hope I didn't do wrong is, the screen on the RC said in blue letters, download firmware. So, I hit that link and it downloaded a file and installed the RC firmware update. It appears it's just a different way instead of using a Micro SD card since it's all error free now. What do you say?

Bud

This firmware upgrade is just Phantom and batteries, no RC. The file you have downloaded needs to be saved to the root directory of your SD card you are using in your Phantom. After you have copied the file to SD card, place it into your Phantom and turn it on. No need to switch on RC.
The LED light on the front of the gimble will flash green and red for maybe about 8 minutes or so then turn solid green. Update completed.
If you have more than one battery, just place any other batteries into the Phantom and turn it on and it will automatically update any other batteries.

The only thing I hope I didn't do wrong is, the screen on the RC said in blue letters, download firmware. So, I hit that link and it downloaded a file and installed the RC firmware update. It appears it's just a different way instead of using a Micro SD card since it's all error free now.
That's the only way to install the remote controller firmware these days.

Thank you, I'm glad to know this because everything else I read about it was dated 2015.

Many thanks for the reply.

Bud

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers