Firmware upgrade sequence

Reaction score
Hi, if someone were stupid enough to update the controller firmware before updating the aircraft (contrary to the instructions). Does it actually matter and if so, should I ..er, I mean that person rectify the situation. Presumably it's not as simple as a reinstall, as the controller is showing as having the latest version already installed.
Any help gratefully received.

The controller should be turned off when you do the phantom, it won't know anything about it.
I'd be surprised if updated controller wouldn't work OK with not updated phantom if that's what you meant, though it would obviously be best to have everything current or stay on known good set up.

It is not so serious problem. But it's suggested to step P3 to same fw level of the controller. The fw update processes are indipendent. Simply I will not fly with different fw level ... But someone here in the forum has done it..

Yeah, controller off while updating the bird. My phantom is up to date but my controller is one rev behind, as is my go app. Reason being, everything is working superbly together. I don't plan to mess with this perfection if I can help it.

Thanks for the info. folks. I've updated both P3 and the controller (Vers 1.53 and 1.5.7 if I remember correctly), but being new to this malarkey I'm somewhat nervous about lobbing £800+ into the air when I haven't followed the upgrade instructions to the letter. They state quite clearly (even tho I missed it first time
round) that the controller update should only be done after the aircraft. Judging by other posts on here, failing to do so (ie follow the instructions to the letter) can have severe outcomes.

Yes, do it right in the future to avoid any problems.

DAVEJF, you should be fine. For next time, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

DJI go app talks to RC and RC talks to P3. This means that all the three pieces of SW/ FW should be in sync. DJI doesn't have a good numbering system neither displays compatibility thru a table, it would be wiser for us to look for the dates of releases and then sync. For example I want to use sept 7 FW on P3, check what were the closest releases of RC FW and DJI go app.

In doing so, there are chances of little mismatch due to intermediate releases to fix defects but that's the best can be done if one doesn't want to use the latest versions.

In case of doubt, update to the latest for all or stay with what you have and like it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers