Firmware upgrade now get RC Signal Lost

Reaction score
OK, turned everything on today to go flying and the DJI Go app said a firmware update was required. I tap it, and it says RC firmware update required. I download and update the firmware and now it says RC Signal Lost

I can see the camera image on the screen, and the RC shows full bars, but I have no control.

Phantom 4
App version 2.7.1 (iPad mini, whatever OS that is, version 9.3.1)
Aircraft Version 01.00.0288
RC Version 1.6.0

It never asked to upgrade the aircraft, just the RC. What can I do?????

Reactions: Maxb
You could try installing the aircraft firmware using the DJI Assistant.

OK, turned everything on today to go flying and the DJI Go app said a firmware update was required. I tap it, and it says RC firmware update required. I download and update the firmware and now it says RC Signal Lost

I can see the camera image on the screen, and the RC shows full bars, but I have no control.

Phantom 4
App version 2.7.1 (iPad mini, whatever OS that is, version 9.3.1)
Aircraft Version 01.00.0288
RC Version 1.6.0

It never asked to upgrade the aircraft, just the RC. What can I do?????
I just fixed this same problem. plug in your phone or ipad directly into the phantom with the adaptor cable. Start both up and it will tell you to upgrade aircraft.

I just fixed this same problem. plug in your phone or ipad directly into the phantom with the adaptor cable. Start both up and it will tell you to upgrade aircraft.
I have the exact same problem and plugging the phone into the aircraft does not work at all.
The so called expert on the DJI forum is worthless. Starting to regret buying this drone.

We are currently out on a field trying to get it to work. After installing new firmware we are having rc connect issue. Tried every solution available online but nothing works. We will be monitoring this thread for couple hours until we find a solution. Thanks

I solved this by downloading the DJI assistant app and connecting my Windows laptop, them upgrading the aircraft. I was then able to connect the previously upgraded RC.

Not ready for IOS yet I guess.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mine will not upgrade or downgrade connected to the Assistant program, starts the upgrade then fails and the instructions that DJI Ken put up on their forum were useless, I wish someone would post exact steps on how to get the aircraft updated not that it's bricked

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just finished fixing mine with the help of Jimmer's post. This is what I did

Aircraft is powered on with full battery
with your RC connected to your tablet or phone as normal go into the DJI go app and the camera should connect, you can click on camera just to make sure you see video, then go back to the main page and hold down the graduation cap icon in the top right corner for about 5-10 seconds and then let go, the downgrade screen should come up and allow you to hit the downgrade button and downgrade back to the 1.5 whatever version.

Once thats complete you can now connect your computer with the usb-micro-usb cable to the aircraft and bring up the assistant program and choose firmware upgrade (your computer needs to be connected to the internet), it will then download the upgrade file and then when it gets 100% downloaded, it should start to upgrade your aircraft to the latest version,it will then have you reboot the aircraft powering it down and back up again

After that is done you can go back to the controller and let it connect to your aircraft and you should have the update warning, you can now download the update with the controller and let it install the RC update, once its complete reboot both controller and aircraft and you should be back in business,

Reactions: Jimmer
I had the same problem had to connect p4 to my laptop and dji assistant upgraded firmware and it works now.....

The whole issue that screwed me was I never got the message with the orange bar telling me I needed to update the aircraft, which I would have done first, so when I got into the camera screen mode, all I had was the red triangle warning that there was a firmware update needed to the RC, which I promptly did and after that got the No RC Signal warning.

The whole issue that screwed me was I never got the message with the orange bar telling me I needed to update the aircraft, which I would have done first, so when I got into the camera screen mode, all I had was the red triangle warning that there was a firmware update needed to the RC, which I promptly did and after that got the No RC Signal warning.

EXACTLY the same here. Fast forward to 3+ hours of wasted time. I downloaded the app for the 3rd time and started the install. Paused 3 times but finally downloaded. Then the upgrade took forever. This is to the drone from to my iphone.

I can now fly the drone BUT the video signal breaks up badly. BADLY. What is interesting is that when I connect an HDMI cable (yes I installed the adapter) the video, when viewed simultaneously on the iphone and external monitor, does NOT break up on the HDMI monitor but does on the iphone (green areas, no video). What a mess!

EXACTLY the same here. Fast forward to 3+ hours of wasted time. I downloaded the app for the 3rd time and started the install. Paused 3 times but finally downloaded. Then the upgrade took forever. This is to the drone from to my iphone.

I can now fly the drone BUT the video signal breaks up badly. BADLY. What is interesting is that when I connect an HDMI cable (yes I installed the adapter) the video, when viewed simultaneously on the iphone and external monitor, does NOT break up on the HDMI monitor but does on the iphone (green areas, no video). What a mess!

I too am experiencing horrible video breakup on my iPad mini. It was bad before, but now at about 1600 feet, it cuts out constantly. I have complete control of the aircraft, but am flying blind. Literally!

Understand now, the 1600 feet is in a heavily wooded area, but I thought with a range of 3 miles I ought to be good at less than a half mile of trees.

I had the same problem had to connect p4 to my laptop and dji assistant upgraded firmware and it works now.....

Have been trying to upgrade the aircraft from the DJI Assistant on the Mac. The progress bar reads 100% but then I get the failure notice. Repeated tries have not worked. Of course, each time I do get a banner notice from DJI saying the update is successful. However, upon looking at the file on the SD card, no update is recorded.

At least on my Mac, this update is a headache. Hopefully, a bug fix will be coming soon. This whole mess might have been avoided by simply posting the darn .bin file somewhere for downloading!

Found the solution on another thread on the board:
Controller Downgrade and FW Update

This worked perfectly and solved the problem. Thanks. The only change I made in the instructions on this link was to be sure to turn everything off after each firmware update and to re-boot. Also, when I finally was downloading the RC firmware, I made sure the aircraft was on. This seemed to get rid of the error messages noted in the instructions, which necessitated a re-downloading of the RC firmware.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to downgrade to the previous firmware version to see if video feed continuity returns. Could be a can of worms though.

same problem here...updated both and now unable to connect.......

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20