Firmware upgrade just bricked MY P2 Vision+

Reaction score
I have successfully used my P2 Vision Plus for almost a couple of years, a hundred flights with no issues. I have been planning a big expedition into southern Utah for months. Today I decided to getting around to upgrading the firmware on my remote controller and phantom UAV. the upgrade failed, and it would no longer power on. I "bricked" it. That is what I learned AFTER I searched these forums on Phantompilots.com

Also learned that there is no easy or clear solution. And that DJI has been of no help. What a HUGE disappointment! I have no time to research and experiment with soft and hard resets, or wait for the snail like, understaffed, DJI support team to get back with me. And I had some great flights planned over some stunning, legal, areas of southern Utah. But my fellow expeditions will not wait for me. We have to leave at 6am tomorrow. Why does DJI allow this situation to exist???? I am very disappointed and angry that I have to leave my Phantom at home. If only I hadn't tried to upgrade my firmware. Never upgrade DJI firmware!!!! All they care about is developing better drones and selling you those.

Sorry guy. I thought DJI had solved that problem with an even newer upgrade. Is it possible you're mistaken and your RE is not bricked but has some other problem?

Otherwise, all I can suggest is you buy a used RE on eBay and have them send it overnight to your Utah address.

Good luck.

I watch a video where the guy used a wire to force a system reset. Then was able to update the drone after.. keeping it from being an expensive paperweight.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was able to buy a new p2v+ - v3 controller in ebay for $28.00 (us dollars) worked perfect staraight out of the box. You might want to get a spare in case this happens again which something always goes wrong when you really need it not too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic