Firmware upgrade issue

Reaction score
I noticed I'm NOT on the latest firmware. There are 3 firmwares and I'm currently on the middle one. I haven't been told to upgrade the firmware on dji go 4 and it says latest firmware, if I plug my aircraft into dji assistant 2 it will let me update. Should I update through dji assistant 2 even though on dji go 4 it says I have the latest firmware which isn't and actually it's a firmware behind? I'm very confused on this, does the update not pertain to me for some reason?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would check to see that your controller is on wifi, I would guess that is why you are not seeing it there, but you can go ahead and update with Assistant2. This upgrade is for the AC and batteries only I think.

I would check to see that your controller is on wifi, I would guess that is why you are not seeing it there, but you can go ahead and update with Assistant2. This upgrade is for the AC and batteries only I think.
Yes its connected to WiFi. I've also waited on the main screen seeing if it would show up, no Bueno. I guess I'll go ahead and update through dji assistant 2

Just as an fyi, i updated the day it came out, when i did a quick test with no props I noticed they changed the startup cadence to the motors, and without the props on it sounds like the motors come abruptly to a stop and start again, didn't sound good to me so I downgraded. Finally I did re-upgrade, but I dont start the motors without props on this rev just cause the startup without props makes that uncomfortable noise.

Just as an fyi, i updated the day it came out, when i did a quick test with no props I noticed they changed the startup cadence to the motors, and without the props on it sounds like the motors come abruptly to a stop and start again, didn't sound good to me so I downgraded. Finally I did re-upgrade, but I dont start the motors without props on this rev just cause the startup without props makes that uncomfortable noise.
OK yes I thought I was trippin. I started the motors after updating just now and noticed the motor startup sound ls a lot more aggressive. Not sure I like that either. Hmmm

yeah, it something I took quick note of and decided it wasn't for my motors. With the props on it is nothing like that so I havent decided to downgrade again. All else seem reasonable, but for some reason the last rev seems slightly more stable at GPS hover, I routinely fly in my garage so I notice even the least amount of difference in the hover stability.

I just realized that i did indeed downgrade again, no wonder my motors werent making that noise anymore. Upgrading again now to see what the startup is like with and without the props on. I amy have to leave mine at .203 until the nextt rev comes out.

No problem...caught me off guard to but i did some digging and a little research....i think it sounds pretty cool too. Also remember these are brushless motors so no harm done ....esc controls all of the pwm signals... And there is no brushes to wear out ! ;)

I also have a question about cold Imu calibration. I've been getting a notice to calibrate Imu beginning of every flight, it goes away after a minute , but my gyro values are really high, they slowly lower from red, orange, yellow then into green, I'm guessing I need a cold Imu cal. If I find a level spot outside or in my garage, can I leave it there for a little then calibrate it outside, say on concrete with a towel or blanket down?

No i would leave it outside somewhere safe for a half hour. In mean time set up a spot that is level in your house has to be warm (normal temp in house whole point of cold imu cal) make sure spot is level. Now when u are ready get remote ready and your tab or phone whatever u use. This way u can bring phantom in put battery in immediately set on level surface boot up go straight to imu calib. And do it. Because your phantom is cold and you are calib in ambient temps (your house ) imu is gonna remember this and start up or warm up times will be faster. .....now after u do imu calib i would do a gimbal calib keep the phantom in same level spot do gimbal calib right after imu! This way u know things are level it will be a good calib. ......the calib u want to do away from anything is the compass cal. If your values are off in that also then i would do it. Go to a field, somewhere open .....no concrete or no metal (concrete has rebar) try to stay away from that stuff

KD1985,
If you do as gambino suggests on the calis, let us know if that helped your situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4