Firmware upgrade help

Reaction score
Hello everyone I need some help with my p3a. I am a beginner with only about 4 hours air time with no problems.I currently use firmware p3a1.5.30+, RC 1.5.70 and the app is 2.7.1 my question is should I upgrade to 1.8 and if so do I have to upgrade to 1.7 first? Thanks

Your current FW on aircraft is known to have issues, better upgrade to at least 1.6.

In case you want to upgrade to the latest 1.8, you can do it directly.

You may hear some say don't upgrade. Every software has hidden bugs. So best to fix it and upgrade. Go to dji.com on your computer. Download file and copy to your sd card. Out sd card in drone and turn on. 4 beeps means it's updating. After it's done it will have a long beep followed by 2 beeps. Put sd card back in computer and look at text file. I will tell you if update was of was not successful. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: hjklaassen
Hello everyone I need some help with my p3a. I am a beginner with only about 4 hours air time with no problems.I currently use firmware p3a1.5.30+, RC 1.5.70 and the app is 2.7.1 my question is should I upgrade to 1.8 and if so do I have to upgrade to 1.7 first? Thanks
I upgraded to 1.8 this afternoon and had no problems when I took a flight. Everything worked as it had before. But what I liked was that the camera tilting to one side has been cured. I was on 1.7 and I had the tilt and now it's gone.

In conclusion - I would not hesitate. I also have the Phantom 3 Advanced.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4