Firmware upgrade failed pls help!

Reaction score
Hi I just tried to do the latest firmware upgrade to my P3S. I have downloaded the new version of DJI GO APP and when I run it, it says new firmware update required. I powered up everything and it download ok, but on the install it failed at 50%.
Now when I turn on the bird it just has loud beep every 2 secs and no led lights on the arms only the camera has green light, and battery
It doesn't ask me to try and re install firmware. What can I do to solve this issue please!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I didn't do it, but then I'm not one who believes in getting new upgrades every two weeks or so. Mine didn't require it, although that's just how they put it on the screen in blue, "update required". The red banner across the top is gone mysteriously, but the last one I saw was "update to 1.3.5". So I must be running the one right before that. It works. I don't get all these friggin updates.?!?!?

Hi I just tried to do the latest firmware upgrade to my P3S. I have downloaded the new version of DJI GO APP and when I run it, it says new firmware update required. I powered up everything and it download ok, but on the install it failed at 50%.
Now when I turn on the bird it just has loud beep every 2 secs and no led lights on the arms only the camera has green light, and battery
It doesn't ask me to try and re install firmware. What can I do to solve this issue please!

What failed?
Look in the menu in the about area of DJI Go app to see what version you have and let us know.

My update failed as well. It was at 77% and the camera was kept jittering for about 5 minutes, then failed. The GO App is 2.6.1 and the Aircraft FW version is 1.4.60+ . It looks to be current, but Im a little leery about getting that update failure.

You did not install correctly. Please read the directions on how to install firmware and you can also watch new videos on the subject.

I'm not sure how you'd know it was at 50% as there is no indication of this when loading. Also, you now watch the camera light... nothing else. Lastly, you need to review the results file after every attempt.

Correct % is shown when downloading and when installing. Ps. Mine worked fine. Do you guys (ones that failed) have any internet issues in your homes. Ex. Poor streaming or irregular download speeds can affect the file it self. It will down load but when loaded to the bird it fails. How ever I do not know what to do when it does fail. Sorry

Correct % is shown when downloading and when installing. Ps. Mine worked fine. Do you guys (ones that failed) have any internet issues in your homes. Ex. Poor streaming or irregular download speeds can affect the file it self. It will down load but when loaded to the bird it fails. How ever I do not know what to do when it does fail. Sorry

Drive to starbuck's and download it.

If you are updating the RC you will see the %. But if you are updating the bird your controller shouldn't be on. Good idea to format your card before loading the file on it too.

I believe the update goes onto built in card that is not accessible. Correct me if wrong

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic