Firmware Update

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I purchased a Phantom 3 Advanced and I am running version 1.8 firmware. I believe the gimbal is bad, when I turn the drone on the gimbal just stays pointing down. Remote says I should update firmware...Should I update firmware if I think the gimbal is bad. Will the update work with the gimbal not working? Or do you think that might be part of the problem? I have read so many replies after trying to upgrade the firmware the drone wont talk to controller.

right know drone is flying well and its the camera gimbal not working.

thanks

search for gimbal error issues, but from your message stating a firmware update is needed --- YES that "could" be the issue with the gimbal not responsive.

yesterday I was able to upgrade to 1.9 firmware with no issues. gimbal still limp. I get an error message Gimbal Tilt Error Hardware Malfunction

Thanks

That sucks. Sorry to hear but sounds like you got a dud out of the box. Hopefully you can just take it back to the store and exchange it and not have to go through DJI support.

Hi Trinimon
I new it had an issue with the Gimbal before I bought it used. I want to try and fix it first. worst case senerio I purchase a new or used Gimbal. I am not the only one with gimbal issues lol lots of parts out there to fix just figuring out what part I need to replace. Gimbal tilt error is what I have.

Thanks

Ahhh, gotcha. Can you even buy gimbal parts without the camera assembly? I guess on the used market perhaps? Hopefully one of the veterans here can point you in the right direction. :)

I am new at the drone world but learning. been reading the posts from everyone and looked on Ebay for parts and lots out there. I am tech sav enough to take the Gimbal apart and try and fix it. I ordered a ribbon cable and will try that first. It could be one of the motors that are bad also. I might keep it for parts lol and order a new one from DJI or buy one used.

Any help on what part I might need to replace would be helpful..Again getting Gimbal Tilt Error

Thanks

most likely the mainboard on the gimbal....not the motor or ribbon cable....don't waste your time with the ribbon unless it looks damaged.

Thanks..got a new gimbal and keeping this one for parts..Might try fixing it at some point but my phantom works great now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic