Firmware Update

Reaction score
Hello,

I just recently purchased a P4. Have had it out one time, would like to fly more but the machine wants a firmware upgrade.

I have installed the Assistant software for the P4, connected the Bird to it. The software sees the Bird, however I can never get a download list.

I have tried the update on my MBP, wife's PC, and daughters PC. All of them do the same thing, I never get a list of Firmware files to selected.

I tried contacting DJI, however they have not responded in 2 days. I would like to get this figured out, because I do want to keep this Bird.

Installing Firmware should be a smooth process.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

The process is much smoother and usually more successful if you perform the updates using your mobile device and the DJI Go App rather than the Assistant software.

Reactions: Romonaga
The problem is the DJI Go app does not give me the option of upgrading the Birds firmware. Just the controller. It tells me to download the birds firmware from DJI's website.

My Phantom had the latest firmware installed and so do many others that have purchased recently. Are you sure you do not have the latest version on your Phantom?

The controller, keeps telling me I need an upgrade, so I am assuming it knows better then me.

However, I just looked at a post. I think I see what MY issue is.

I keep expecting the GO app, from the flight control deck to let me select the Firmware Upgrade for the Bird, it seems I have to go out to the Menu where you select your Bird.

If that's all I am doing wrong I will laugh, but at the same time wonder what idiot designed the software like this.

When I get home tonight I will try one more time. Would love to get this bird in the air. However, I am not comfortable doing that without the latest firmware.

You are correct, the Go App tells you to go to the home page to download the update and that is confusing to most as the home page they are referring to is the Go App home page where you select your Phantom. I'm sure things will go smoothly and you'll be flying soon, good luck.

Yes, I bet you are correct. you would think, being a software developer, I would have figured this out sooner. I assumed that the homepage, was their website.

I hope I will be a happy camper, just want to fly the dang thing.

gee I have a new one on the way to right now and ? I have is if upon arrival I will need to do these updates? thanks, donnie

gee I have a new one on the way to right now and ? I have is if upon arrival I will need to do these updates?
The DJI GO app will prompt you if you need to update the firmware. You could also check to see if you have the latest versions in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers