Firmware update

You need to do once for every update but choice is yours if you want to update.

FW updates are issued to add new features, improve features and resolve bugs.

Technically, never. DJI does not force updates to be installed. The DJI GO app will tell you when an update is available though.

Thanks for the replies, what I meant to ask was how often do these updates come out, like once a month, once a year etc.?
Thanks

They come out whenever there are new features or bug fixes. DJI does not announce them beforehand and there is no specific pattern.

Friendly tip - this update has to be done for every battery you have too. The first time it runs will take a tad longer as it updates the firmware in the copter then the battery. When it is done, power down, insert next battery, power up and let it run again. it will be shorter to update this time around... rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I have had my P3P for 6 months and I have seen about 6 updates. I'm sure the longer it is out the updates will slow down.

Friendly tip - this update has to be done for every battery you have too. The first time it runs will take a tad longer as it updates the firmware in the copter then the battery. When it is done, power down, insert next battery, power up and let it run again. it will be shorter to update this time around... rinse and repeat.

I don't get what your saying "this update" is this like recycling the batts?

I don't get what your saying "this update" is this like recycling the batts?
From the download page the pdf states;

Updating Multiple Intelligent Flight Batteries
Insert the remaining batteries into the aircraft and
power them on to update their firmware"

I believe this is telling us to leave the micro disk in and insert the next battery, turn it on and let it cycle.

Wash and repeat as needed.

Reactions: ChristoHD
From the download page the pdf states;

Updating Multiple Intelligent Flight Batteries
Insert the remaining batteries into the aircraft and
power them on to update their firmware"

I believe this is telling us to leave the micro disk in and insert the next battery, turn it on and let it cycle.

Wash and repeat as needed.
Exactly. :)

I think we went through 2-3 updates in a matter of a month and a half... DJI still figuring out how to make it work. Reminds me of the Playstation 4 when it first came out. Update every week.

Reactions: BrianMcKay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers