firmware update

Reaction score
Greetings,
I don't have a SD card reader nor do I have a SD port on my iMac. So how do I update the aircraft, camera and battery? DJI Go say updates required for three items and I have no way to do this that I can determine.

Thank you,
Marten

You can plug the camera in via sub port works a treat. Careful not to break connections though. Bring the whole bird to the desktop

The easiest solution is to buy a card reader (as suggested above)...they don't cost a lot, and they're useful for downloading your photos/videos to your computer as well.

Or use the method msinger has detailed.

A memory card is the best way to go if you don't mind waiting to do the update. The Transcend memory card reader is fast (USB 3.0) and inexpensive.

Okay. I've downloaded the Zip file for P3 advanced. Connected my P3 to my Mac. Copied the file P3S_FW_V01.04.0010.bin to the root directory of the SD card. Powered down the P3. Powered up the P3. It looks like it is updating. Camera status light alternating green/red.

Thank you for your help! Much appreciated.

Marten

Marten, what version of iMac do you have. It should have a SD Card slot just below the DVD slot on the side of the iMac. Interesting??

Marten, what version of iMac do you have. It should have a SD Card slot just below the DVD slot on the side of the iMac. Interesting??
I have a late 2013. I still need a adapter for the micro SD. iMac takes a standard size SD.
I am going to buy one anyway for future downloads of video and photos.. At least I was able to update the firmware by connecting directly from my P3A to iMac.

Thank you for your reply.

Trope, depending on which platform you are using (Windows or Mac) it should be straight forward. The Mac should recognize the card and launch Photos which will ask to import the photos/videos ( I could be wrong here as I do not know the format of the files on the sad in the Phantom). Otherwise on both platforms you just open the sd card as it will appear as an external drive. Then you can drag and drop to your computer.

Note: your computer may ask you to format the sd card, don't do that. I did it on my HeliMax and now am limited to 45 seconds max for video. Factory support said you need to use a new unformatted (????) sd card, go figure!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl