firmware update to remote controller

Reaction score
Hi. I'm still new to this cool hobby and the toys involved. I have a phantom 2 vision. I have followed all procedures to get it up and running but I have a problem updating my remote controller firmware.

When I connect my phantom to the computer and use the computer software I am able to see the connection lights at the bottom left of the menu and "upgrade" my phantom.

When I do the same procedure to my remote I get no blinking communication lights in the menu screen. I make sure the remote has batteries and is turned on but still not connection lights. And because of this I can't upgrade my firmware to the remote.

Any ideas?

oscar19 said:
Hi. I'm still new to this cool hobby and the toys involved. I have a phantom 2 vision. I have followed all procedures to get it up and running but I have a problem updating my remote controller firmware.

When I connect my phantom to the computer and use the computer software I am able to see the connection lights at the bottom left of the menu and "upgrade" my phantom.

When I do the same procedure to my remote I get no blinking communication lights in the menu screen. I make sure the remote has batteries and is turned on but still not connection lights. And because of this I can't upgrade my firmware to the remote.

Any ideas?

Are you using the RC assistant for the controller and not the software you used with the Phantom?

There are not any recent updates for the controller so not a big deal to do updates at this time.

I have the identical problem. I updated the firmware in the aircraft just fine. That same microSD card inserted into the remote controller does nothing when it is turned on. What's going on?

Oops never mind... I found other posts that discuss this issue. (It is upgrading from the app now.)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik