P3 Firmware Firmware update problems

Reaction score
I have 3 p .I am working on firmware update v1.6.0040 It loaded on the plane but it won't load on remote. When I go to dji go it says I have app version 2.4.3 & rc1.1.8 Any help would be great.

I had real issues updating the remote firmware last night, initially using the three standard update procedures: Microsd with adaptor, USB stick and direct connection to phantom 3 camera.

Nothing would initiate the blue led until I did a cold reboot of everything: phantom 3, remote and iPad.

Once I then restarted the DJI Go app, checked status and was then able to update via the app. Just make sure you have the latest version, and plenty of charge in your remote and iOS/android device.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the reply. So I think I have it right but in the go app it still shows I need an update,
It shows
app 2.4.3
aircraft 1.6.40
Rc 1.1.8

If you are running an iOS device, some of the recommendations are to delete and reinstall the DJI go app from the App Store. I would think the same advice would stand for android as well.

I had the same firmware versions as your post and when I went through the go app options (in camera mode, top right icon, then settings - about) I had a "update firmware" option. I also had the same options when I tapped on the flight status bar at the top and then on firmware update reminder.

Thanks for all the help. So another question I have is what happens if you crash the aircraft where you cant see it is there a way to locate it.

Believe there are third party trackers that can be installed (Marco polo) on the drone that give a track able signal via 3G. You could in theory use the Dji app to follow your flight path but the best advice is to follow guidelines and fly LOS (line of sight).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had the same problem trying to load the latest Controller Firmware and the way I found that seems to do the job is to download the Controller with the 1.3 Firmware, install it onto the Controller, once loaded turn off the controller turn it back on and go into the DJI GO App on your tablet etc, turn on the Controller then the Phantom and it will ask you to update Controller Firmware, select upload and that's it, let it download straight to the Controller, give a big sigh and carry on with the finishing off....sorted....hope it works for you.

I had real issues updating the remote firmware last night, initially using the three standard update procedures: Microsd with adaptor, USB stick and direct connection to phantom 3 camera.

Nothing would initiate the blue led until I did a cold reboot of everything: phantom 3, remote and iPad.

Once I then restarted the DJI Go app, checked status and was then able to update via the app. Just make sure you have the latest version, and plenty of charge in your remote and iOS/android device.

Hope this helps.

Andrew - what do you mean by doing a "cold reboot?" I'm having the same issue with the RC not upgrading... Thanks.

This is my first post. I've owned a P3Pro since last September(2014).
I'm a retired electronic/instrument tech., so I do have some experience
I enjoy this rc vehicle more than any I've owned the past, that is until this "red signal lost" issue. I've kept my mouth shut up to this point, having read every post on this site and others. My opinion....what a shame that the first glitch that might require at least some communication with the manufacturer is more than likely to be plagued with B/S.
This problem is entirely too and too big . As the new registration is to promote responsibility - so should the company act in regards to the product involved. The liability now involved alone should be incentive enough to prompt around the clock work to correct the problem.
This is no $50.00 toy.
Be accountable!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers