firmware update problem - p3p-help

just REMEMBER, this happens when people are doing fw updates (20+ minutes just sitting there heating up) without any airflow through
the bird and gimbal/camera.
this issue was the same with P2 Vision+ when internal WIFI units started to overheat.
Just place a house fan in front of the P3P (P3A doesn't have this issue) when upgrading the fw and you won't have this issue.

when this happens there is nothing you can do but try to find a working P3P main board for the gimbal which BTW are almost impossible to
get and do yourself a favor and DO NOT buy them on ebay. those sellers have a reason to list them AS-IS, NO RETURNS. they KNOW
the boards they are selling ARE BAD and you'll be wasting your money and time.
Take it from someone who's purchased 10's of them with 99% failure ratio.

i wish DJI would give some of us who fix these on a daily base some resources on where to get the boards so we can just replace them
for the ones that overheated and burned out.
but i don't think that will happen any time soon.
Is the heat problem mainly while writing firmware? What about just having the bird sit there powered on? Just curious.

Is the heat problem mainly while writing firmware? What about just having the bird sit there powered on? Just curious.
the bird should not just sit static.
all the electronic components inside warm up, especially the TX/RX and ODFM hence why it needs air flow.
that little fan on the gimbal is not doing anything but spinning for the heck of it. i don't know what DJI was thinking when
installing that.
same thing in P2V+ on the wifi unit inside. there should be a fan blowing on it just to bring the temp down by circulating the air inside
if nothing else.
@burlbark can chime in on this one to if he wants too. i know he's done a ton of these just like me.

so no, do not just turn on a P3P and have it sit there without flying or having a fan blowing full speed at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Multicoptertec
the bird should not just sit static.
all the electronic components inside warm up, especially the TX/RX and ODFM hence why it needs air flow.
that little fan on the gimbal is not doing anything but spinning for the heck of it. i don't know what DJI was thinking when
installing that.
same thing in P2V+ on the wifi unit inside. there should be a fan blowing on it just to bring the temp down by circulating the air inside
if nothing else.
@burlbark can chime in on this one to if he wants too. i know he's done a ton of these just like me.

so no, do not just turn on a P3P and have it sit there without flying or having a fan blowing full speed at it.
Customer let me keep the cam/gimbal. If you come across a good board for it, it might be worth repairing.

Man thanks to everyone for there post on things it helps! I have P3 that will not update
firmware im thinking it is the camera/gimbal the little led on the front flashes green for about 2mins then red green back an forth then green again for 2minns it just keeps going never changes if anyone has any ideas please let me know

I recently bought a phantom 3 standard. Whenever I try to connect my phone (iPhone 5s) to the drones Internet it says there is no connection. Before I connect to the internet it says there are four bars but after I connect it says there is not connection. I bought this drone brand new and haven't been able to fly it yet due to this problem. Can someone please help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues