Firmware Update P3P 10.9 HELP!?

Reaction score
Can't seem to get it to stick...SD card was cleared, firmware added to root directory, insert into P3P and turn on, runs full battery out with nose lights solid red, tail lights blinking red and green and 2 constant, never ending 'beeps' (really the screech screech sound, not a beep like when it turns on). Still won't update battery or drone/gimbal. Controller is off. (also, do you have to update each battery? Switch batteries and run through same update each time?)

This is a brand new P3P that I've had for months and haven't had the time/patience to get past this issue and the 'Drone IMU Error. Calibrate IMU'. These issues have kept me from flying for months.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers, Phillip

Can't seem to get it to stick...SD card was cleared, firmware added to root directory, insert into P3P and turn on, runs full battery out with nose lights solid red, tail lights blinking red and green and 2 constant, never ending 'beeps' (really the screech screech sound, not a beep like when it turns on). Still won't update battery or drone/gimbal. Controller is off. (also, do you have to update each battery? Switch batteries and run through same update each time?)

This is a brand new P3P that I've had for months and haven't had the time/patience to get past this issue and the 'Drone IMU Error. Calibrate IMU'. These issues have kept me from flying for months.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers, Phillip
Just curious, if it's brand new and keeping you from flying, why not send it back and get another?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers, Phillip
Did you unzip the file? The actual firmware is a .bin inside the zipped file.

Followed those instructions last night and no update. Now I'm trying the same steps with a new SD card and full battery.

My DJI Go App is updated to 3.1. and is off, controller is off.

Wondering if I had an old version on drone, something older then 1.3.20 which would prevent update. I don't think I did but if it doesn't update in a couple more tries how do I find out what version is on drone currently? Guessing that is in APP....I'll check after this attempt to update drone.

Also, thanks for the help. Really glad I found this forum. I'm dying to go fly.

Followed those instructions last night and no update. Now I'm trying the same steps with a new SD card and full battery.

My DJI Go App is updated to 3.1. and is off, controller is off.

Wondering if I had an old version on drone, something older then 1.3.20 which would prevent update. I don't think I did but if it doesn't update in a couple more tries how do I find out what version is on drone currently? Guessing that is in APP....I'll check after this attempt to update drone.

Also, thanks for the help. Really glad I found this forum. I'm dying to go fly.
In DJI go/about, turn everything on and it will show revison levels of all.

In DJI go/about, turn everything on and it will show revison levels of all.

Thanks for 'About' info.

Looks like I'm running ...
APP = 3.1.1
Aircraft = 1.5.30+
Remote = 1.6.0

Running 1.10.9 for Aircraft now. Seems to be going better. Blinking green on tail and solid red on nose.

Then won't you need to update controller to 1.8?

Is Front LED's turned on? You can turn those off in app. (Saves battery)

Controller doesn't update to 1.1.9? Waiting for Aircraft to update before I move to controller.
Controller will update through DJI go app. It will prbly not connect to AC after AC gets updated. The controller will need to match. ( I belve)...

I ran the same upgrade, took about 15 minutes and the drone made the startup tunes a few times and the camera made several movements. Flew the quad yesterday through 3 batteries and all was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj