firmware update on new phantom 3

Reaction score
i will be getting my new phantom 3 A this week, what do you think the firware will be ?. will i have to update the quad. also will i need to update the controller. and how do i find out what firmware i have on the controller and the quad.

Thanks. If I don't do the updates will I still be able to fly the p3 .

Yes, you can fly without doing the updates. Just make sure you do the IMU and Compass recalibrations before you fly it.
I would keep it low and close by for the first couple batteries but it isn't required.

Reactions: lotusteve
i will be getting my new phantom 3 A this week, what do you think the firware will be ?. will i have to update the quad. also will i need to update the controller. and how do i find out what firmware i have on the controller and the quad.
YOU BETTER GO GET YOURSELF A TRACKING DEVICE SO YOU CAN FIND THE P3 WHEN IT FLIES AWAY! I lost mine last Saturday. It just flew away and nothing worked to get it under control. I have over 250 flights with mine and never really had an issue. I loaded up the 1.4 update..all worked well...few days later and its gone. RELATED??? Who knows. Eitherway its gone and it sucks. If I had a tracker at least I could recover it. GO GET ONE...YOULL BE GLAD YOU DID!!!!!!

Reactions: johnp44
YOU BETTER GO GET YOURSELF A TRACKING DEVICE SO YOU CAN FIND THE P3 WHEN IT FLIES AWAY! I lost mine last Saturday. It just flew away and nothing worked to get it under control. I have over 250 flights with mine and never really had an issue. I loaded up the 1.4 update..all worked well...few days later and its gone. RELATED??? Who knows. Eitherway its gone and it sucks. If I had a tracker at least I could recover it. GO GET ONE...YOULL BE GLAD YOU DID!!!!!!

Good advice to get a GPS tracker... but, while I am sorry for your loss, it kind of sucks to jump in and be all shouty to a guy who is just getting into the hobby. You said yourself that you have 250 flights in and you don't really know what caused the issue... so maybe start a thread about that, and provide any data you can so that people here can help determine what might have went wrong. What you're describing - is pretty rare considering all the flights that all of us do... so I don't want this person to get the wrong impression that it's a matter of when his craft will fly away rather than a big question of if it will ever have an issue.

Reactions: Oso and johnp44
Shouty? Just really wanted to give some sound advice. I have experience with RC Choppers and other RC devices. When DJI promotes the FAILSAFE functions ...you expect them to work. I sent DJI the flight info that clearly shows the failed flight and the dropping of GPS failing within 200 feet and under 5 min of flight. They will always have an issue..its not IF its WHEN. Sorry for shouting again :) Hopefully DJI will do the right thing after seeing the flight log. Because he may be new into the hobby thats all the more reason he should be cautious.

Reactions: johnp44

Yep, I totally agree. I have only flown my P3P four times because I have been waiting for Flytrex to ship the P3 version of the Live 3G. Finally got a tracking number and it has been sitting in NY now for seven days. Hopefully they will get off their butts and forward it sometime soon. I bought a Trackimo but it is a toy compared to the Flytrex. I have two Flytrex Live 3G in two of my other P2P+'s. Saved my bacon twice so far... Don't leave home without one!

Got my Marco Polo working on mine

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442365983.633087.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20