Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

firmware update on new phantom 3

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by lotusteve, Sep 14, 2015.

1. lotusteve

i will be getting my new phantom 3 A this week, what do you think the firware will be ?. will i have to update the quad. also will i need to update the controller. and how do i find out what firmware i have on the controller and the quad.

2. robinb

Your app will tell you.

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

4. lotusteve

Thanks. If I don't do the updates will I still be able to fly the p3 .

5. lotusteve

Thanks for the link but it seems pages 4.5.7.9.10 are missing, so I can't follow it. Steve

6. johnp44

Yes, you can fly without doing the updates. Just make sure you do the IMU and Compass recalibrations before you fly it.
    I would keep it low and close by for the first couple batteries but it isn't required.

lotusteve likes this.
  7. Doug G

YOU BETTER GO GET YOURSELF A TRACKING DEVICE SO YOU CAN FIND THE P3 WHEN IT FLIES AWAY! I lost mine last Saturday. It just flew away and nothing worked to get it under control. I have over 250 flights with mine and never really had an issue. I loaded up the 1.4 update..all worked well...few days later and its gone. RELATED??? Who knows. Eitherway its gone and it sucks. If I had a tracker at least I could recover it. GO GET ONE...YOULL BE GLAD YOU DID!!!!!!

johnp44 likes this.
  8. Buckaye

Good advice to get a GPS tracker... but, while I am sorry for your loss, it kind of sucks to jump in and be all shouty to a guy who is just getting into the hobby. You said yourself that you have 250 flights in and you don't really know what caused the issue... so maybe start a thread about that, and provide any data you can so that people here can help determine what might have went wrong. What you're describing - is pretty rare considering all the flights that all of us do... so I don't want this person to get the wrong impression that it's a matter of when his craft will fly away rather than a big question of if it will ever have an issue.

Oso and johnp44 like this.
  9. Doug G

Shouty? Just really wanted to give some sound advice. I have experience with RC Choppers and other RC devices. When DJI promotes the FAILSAFE functions ...you expect them to work. I sent DJI the flight info that clearly shows the failed flight and the dropping of GPS failing within 200 feet and under 5 min of flight. They will always have an issue..its not IF its WHEN. Sorry for shouting again :) Hopefully DJI will do the right thing after seeing the flight log. Because he may be new into the hobby thats all the more reason he should be cautious.

johnp44 likes this.
  10. johnp44

Yep, I totally agree. I have only flown my P3P four times because I have been waiting for Flytrex to ship the P3 version of the Live 3G. Finally got a tracking number and it has been sitting in NY now for seven days. Hopefully they will get off their butts and forward it sometime soon. I bought a Trackimo but it is a toy compared to the Flytrex. I have two Flytrex Live 3G in two of my other P2P+'s. Saved my bacon twice so far... Don't leave home without one!

11. Dirby

Marco Polo works too.

12. xave

Got my Marco Polo working on mine

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442365983.633087.jpg