P3 Firmware Firmware update on a new Phantom?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this all. I have bought a Phantom 3 Pro and still didn't fly with it yet, just making sure I take all the necessary precautions. Everything is good, but I keep reading all about these firmware updates and I was wondering if I need to do these updates with a brand new out of the box-Phantom?

Also I have an extra DJI-battery that is brand new, so the same question goes for that.

On the controller it says 'Overall Status - Normal', but I remember when having it on for the first time, it said that it needed firmware update.

And does the controller shows both the controller and the aircraft-status?

Thanks in advance for your help.

On the main screen of the GO app, tap the icon in the top right corner...(three dots)...to bring up the General Setting page. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and tap on "About"...This will tell you the firmware that is installed. Latest version for the P3 Pro is 1.9.60 and the latest version for the RC is 1.6.0.
If you've already got those installed, it may be that your new battery needs updating....to do that, you need to download 1.9.60 from the DJI page onto a micro SD card and put it in the P3, and then start up the P3 with the new battery in.

On the main screen of the GO app, tap the icon in the top right corner...(three dots)...to bring up the General Setting page. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and tap on "About"...This will tell you the firmware that is installed. Latest version for the P3 Pro is 1.9.60 and the latest version for the RC is 1.6.0.
If you've already got those installed, it may be that your new battery needs updating....to do that, you need to download 1.9.60 from the DJI page onto a micro SD card and put it in the P3, and then start up the P3 with the new battery in.

Thanks for your reply! Since my post I found the 'about'-section and did already upgrade the aircraft and the 2 batteries to 1.09, but I thought the RC also needed to be 1.09. I tried it with 2 different sd-cards and with the cable from the aircraft, following instruction-vids for the past few hours..... But now I see my version of 1.6.0 is fine :cool:

Thank you for that, now I can finally go fly! :)

Have fun...but be careful of trees....they're out to get you!;)

(For future reference... the RC can only be updated via the GO app..not by card.)

Have fun...but be careful of trees....they're out to get you!;)

(For future reference... the RC can only be updated via the GO app..not by card.)

Haha, yea, thanks, I'll be careful ;-) And I'll won't forget, I'll update it via the Go app!

Haha, yea, thanks, I'll be careful ;-) And I'll won't forget, I'll update it via the Go app!

Well, I didnt hit any trees, but... I also didnt hit the air :-S My RC keeps telling me 'disconnected'. It did work when at home, but not always. Now I bought a new cable, but still no response. Tried it with iPad air and iPhone 5s. Both didnt work with 3 different cables...

I read I'm not the only one, but I see different solutions and none have worked so far. This is really frustrating when I just bought this new aircraft and still didnt fly.

Anyone can help me? Thankzz in advance again!

Did you register your Phantom on the Go app?

Yes I did... logged in, choose an aircraftname and all. After the registering it did work. Then I did the firmware-updates and it worked once or twice, but that was hours ago. Still not able to make it connect.

I reinstalled the DJI GO-app and, logged in again, and now it doesn't even let me get into the camera-view anymore. The button stays on 'How to Connect'....

What phone/tablet are you using? Do you have another one that you could download the GO app onto to see if that's the problem? Other than that, I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions. (you could try putting up another post to see if anyone else has any ideas).

I'm using an iPhone 5s and iPad air and tried it with both. It worked before on the iPad, even after the update, so I almost can't imagine the problem is the device.

I placed another thread, good idea.

If there are no solutions I'll go back to the store.

Thanks anyway for your reply!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj