Firmware update not needed for GL300B controllers

Well I'm sorry to break the rule but my GL300B on my Advanced did a update ! I did it from the dji go app took about 4 minutes you can watch progress and worked great so I guess not all GL300B are the same:eek::)

My Pro did too. From app.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Well I'm sorry to break the rule but my GL300B on my Advanced did a update ! I did it from the dji go app took about 4 minutes you can watch progress and worked great so I guess not all GL300B are the same:eek::)

I was on 1.2.8 before update
I updated a friends and worked fine but mine refuses to update. I download firmware directly on USB.... no luck

Were you updating from 1.0.9? What I realized is on one phantom I upgraded from 1.2.6 no need to update controller...on 1.0.9 needed to update controller and had to use usb.
I was on whichever was the latest for the controller.

I just updated everything. In the Pilot app (android) I hit the update icon and it went to the update screen and downloaded 1.3.20. I then hit the install icon and it updated the RC model 300B.
I tried that but it kept refused me ?

Upgraded my RC via app. Love that spelling dji.

Attachments

• 20150805_213443.jpg
    20150805_213443.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 362
I just updated everything. In the Pilot app (android) I hit the update icon and it went to the update screen and downloaded 1.3.20. I then hit the install icon and it updated the RC model 300B.
mine did the same

How can we see if it is the model?

(sorry im at work now)

Tks!
Hello there,
So here is all the info in one place...HOPE THIS HELPS...please read all of this post...!!! ;-)

Hello there,
the BIG question is not in the device...any more...it is the RC...and here is why...do you have ver_A or ver_B RC...I use ver_A...you can find what version you have on the back of your RC...that being said...I use Apple iPad air 2 with ver_A RC so I was forced to upgrade the old or standard way...USB...this is because I have a ver_A RC...so here is why...in an answer in a different thread I responded...

Looks like I use A_ver RC...I did a test with the hardware decoding setting in the Pilot-App...before up-grade to Go-App...with the camera looking at me...bird on the table props off motors off...I moved my jaw by opening and closing my mouth as fast and as wide as I could...it was absolute with the decoding setting on...NO DELAY...off...noticable DELAY...this was on Apple iPad air 2...I did fly with this setting off at first and no problems and noticed no lag...I always fly with the setting on now...I did the test because of no clear answer as to witch setting would be best on Apple iPad air 2...or why...after my results I would always recommend...setting on if asked...because if it was helping the Apple iPad air 2...it would be beneficial to what ever you had...MY OPINION ONLY...now I will be asking the BIG question witch version RC do you have...A or B...I have not run the test with the new Go-App...just-say-in...!!! ;-)

the answer was a response to this info:

This was posted on an Italian Phantom 3 site and translated via Google Translate:

if true, it may account for why some people get lagging and video glitches even when using same display devices.
===========================================================

After analyzing and collecting the experiences had during the last firmware updates by users with the Phantom 3, especially in relation to upgrading the RemoteController, we discovered, doing research on the web, some very interesting things about their characteristics radio supplied with the drone of home DJI ...
Apparently the boys, there would be two radio models on the market, the GL300A and GL300B (you can read the code on the back of your RC, at the bottom, as in the picture). What are the differences between the two models?
- GL300A (the model "old"), would be equipped with video processor "DaVinci" TMS320DM368 Texas Instruments (http://www.ti.com/product/tms320dm368) and USB 2.0 controller CY7C68013 of Cypress (http: / /www.cypress.com/file/138911/download)
- GL300B (the model more "recent"), would without a video processor "DaVinci", but would instead be equipped with USB 3.0 (not 2.0 as in version A) CYUSB2014 of Cypress (http://www.cypress.com / file / 140296 / downloads) and sensing of charge CW2015CWAD CellWise (http://www.cellwise-semi.com/en/pro_show.asp?id=1498), not present on version A. Additionally, other difference, B apparently can be refreshed only via app and not via USB ...
So, in summary in plain English, the GL300A have an internal hardware for better performance management and encoding (or decoding) video stream, while the GL300B higher speed connection to the tablet / smartphone ...
This leads us to make some arguments and ask ourselves some questions, to which we would like to answer with you ...
First, why these two models of radio? Are linked to the model of the drone (professional / advanced) or only to the period of production? And, if they are related only to the period of production, because this rethinking by DJI during construction?
POSSIBLE SCENARIOS:
SCENARIO 1:
two different strategies of management of the video stream:
- A more in capacity of internal processing;
- In B "delegation" or part of the calculation to the CPU / GPU of the mobile device (this also justifies the presence of USB 3.0 port for sending data faster than the tablet / smartphone).
SCENARIO 2:
with model B the DJI decided not compress more direct flow to the USB port (disappearance of video processing), being therefore the need for greater "capacity" data (the appearance of the USB 3.0 controller).
And finally, we throw there, but if the problems of overheating of the mobile device that presented above with the previous firmware, were linked to one of the two versions of the radio in particular (and maybe the B that "stresses" more smartphone / tablet)?
We do not have answers for now, and maybe ours are simple inferences who knows (maybe they are also wrong to our sources), but we'd like to do with you a census data and a series of surveys to understand something more ... Please, if you are interested or want to make your contribution, join our group affiliatedhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/1566114093641842/, thanks

#1tomtnt, Today at 12:05 PM

So in the end...we learn...because we communicate...completely...that being said...PLEASE under stand that I hope all this info was helpfull to all Pilots...Just trying to help...NOT A REPOST...but one pilot trying to help all pilots by using all pilots info and knowledge...the two make more sense together to me...the two threads have to be considered together when dealing with this question to be answered correctly from now on...just-say-in...!!! ;-)

GL300B wouldn't update via micro SD card reader, but updated flawlessly via DJI GO app.

GL300B wouldn't update via micro SD card reader, but updated flawlessly via DJI GO app.
Hello there,
I was hopping you could do something for me / us...my question is the use hardware decoding option still available in the Go-App on your ver_B RC...???...!!! ;-)

Very usefull information m_dazel...

It seems i have A model.....i prefer more power (A), and i really don`t see improvements of USB 3.0 over 2.0...
Also....even using a phone, my set up with 1.1.9 and 1.1.0 app, works flawless.......and im waiting for a better and bigger cheap tablet...

Very usefull information m_dazel...

It seems i have A model.....i prefer more power (A), and i really don`t see improvements of USB 3.0 over 2.0...
Also....even using a phone, my set up with 1.1.9 and 1.1.0 app, works flawless.......and im waiting for a better and bigger cheap tablet...
Hello there,
I concur...so do you have...do you use the hardware decoding option in the App you are using...because I think we can assume your phone does not have a dedicated GPU...or does it...your answer would reinforce the data...I must say facts instead of guess work makes more common sense to me...now to the fun / scary /interesting part...will DJI continue support for Android...alienating the under powered Android device is the end result of removing the onboard video processing hardware in the now replaced ver_A RC...and replacing it with USB 3.0...or is it...because Apple does not support USB 3.0 in there mobile devices...so I have been informed or do they...it looks like we would have to say this move was to do something only for Android...it has been said the squeaky wheel gets the grease or oil (pun intended)...making this change...on this cost cutting decision... it is based on Android...so to all the early-birds (pun intended) that have video processing hardware in there ver_A RC...I think it is safe to say...if a sUAS-Pilot or Video-Photographer is doing a build...video processing is on the must have list...and USB may or may not even be on the must have list...do cell phones have a dedicated GPU...the option in the on position definitely helps the Apple iPad air 2 I have used...so it must help any device right...or is it only devices with board GPU...I know if I am in flight using a Apple iPad air 2 I would like this option available to me and in the on position and don`t want to lose it...so is that is why the puns are so appropriate in this case...what was it the early-bird got the wheel thing is self explaining right...?... so how should we decipher all this info...food for thought...just-say-in...!!! ;-)

Hello there,
Would you take a indepth look at post 32...36 and post a response...your data will be so help full to the Phantom-Pilot community...the request is also to any Phantom -Pilot reading this...don`t think your input won`t help your fellow Phantom pilots...IT WILL...contribute to the database...PLEASE ...!!! ;-)

Well i use a Android Phone for now, and yes it has a graphic dedicated GPU (Adreno 330) for decoding video...
The "trick" i have to do is revert the "Google Services" back to origin and kill the updates....

So far so good.

Unreal...I've been trying for 2+ hours to update all my gear to the latest firmware. The Phantom itself went without a hitch, but Im having a helluva time getting anything to work for the remote. So I see this thread and realize I do have GL300B controller. So, if I understand correctly then, I just update it through the app?? Fwiw the remote version says 1.26+

Any help appreciated...getting near the end of my patience for today!

Unreal...I've been trying for 2+ hours to update all my gear to the latest firmware. The Phantom itself went without a hitch, but Im having a helluva time getting anything to work for the remote. So I see this thread and realize I do have GL300B controller. So, if I understand correctly then, I just update it through the app?? Fwiw the remote version says 1.26+

Any help appreciated...getting near the end of my patience for today!

So I skipped a couple updates and went and updated it via the app. According to this DJI Forum|INFO!!: How to solve RC upgrade problems for P3 GL300A & GL300B Tx you can only update via app so I hope its all good.

There should be a little more info on this for GL300B controller owners. Not much out there.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4