Firmware update mess..

Reaction score
I updated the firmware on my Phantom 2 today. All went smooth.. Now I can't get the Phantom off the ground. Will not idle up..
Reloaded drives and updated again... Same thing.. Is there anyway to set EVERYTHING back to to the factory settings???

Thanks!

Lesto said:
I updated the firmware on my Phantom 2 today. All went smooth.. Now I can't get the Phantom off the ground. Will not idle up..
Reloaded drives and updated again... Same thing.. Is there anyway to set EVERYTHING back to to the factory settings???

Thanks!

What light sequences are you getting?
Also, did you upgrade the controller with it?

Your controls are probably not calibrated following the update. Update the firmware on the controller using RC Assistant and re-calibrate the controls in Phantom Assistant.

Ok. I can find where I recalibrate the controller, but not where to update its firmware.. Does the Phantom have to be hooked up, too??

I appreciate the help!

There is a second program, the RCassistant. Use it to update the RC then calibrate. There is a micro USB connection on the bottom of the RC. If you use a gimbal you calibrate that in the regular assistant software.

As the others have said, you need to install three things - the DJI Windows driver, the Phantom 2 Assistant software and the RC Assistant software.

When using the Phantom 2 Assistant software, start up the Phantom just as you would if you were going to fly it - turn the transmitter on and then turn the Phantom on. Once it's connected, it's self-explanatory.

Then, once the Phantom is all set, power everything down normally, start up the RC Assistant software, power on the transmitter and plug it in - the Phantom does not need to be turned on when you are updating/calibrating just the transmitter.

It is recommended you remove the props when updating the Phantom just in case something goes haywire on you. I would also be sure you have a fully charged battery and such.

Good luck!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic