Firmware update issue

Reaction score
I'm flying a P3S with iPhone 7 with latest IOS. I'm being prompted to update to firmware verision 1.8.10. From within the Go app, I see that the firmware is downloaded already. When I click the "Start Update" button, a small box opens and states "Reformat Recommended". I've tried to reformat many times but after the format occurs, I receive the same warning to reformat. Any ideas?

I have a new P4 and would like to upgrade the firmware. The DJI Go 4 has promoted me to update. It suggests plugging the drone into my iPad with the cable provided - this doesn't work because the adapters don't provide for the lightening port. My next move was to download the DJI Assistant onto my iMac and plug the "fully charged" and turned ON drone into the desktop. The download seemed to work but the the screen shows "transmitting" with no progress showing on the bar. I waited 10 or15 min and tried 3-times. If I with the screen it shows "waiting for backend to boot up". If anyone has a solution I would really appreciate the help.
This is my first drone - never flown.

I have a new P4 and would like to upgrade the firmware. The DJI Go 4 has promoted me to update. It suggests plugging the drone into my iPad with the cable provided - this doesn't work because the adapters don't provide for the lightening port. My next move was to download the DJI Assistant onto my iMac and plug the "fully charged" and turned ON drone into the desktop. The download seemed to work but the the screen shows "transmitting" with no progress showing on the bar. I waited 10 or15 min and tried 3-times. If I with the screen it shows "waiting for backend to boot up". If anyone has a solution I would really appreciate the help.
Hey there I have the same issue and same message "waiting for backend to boot up" but nothing happens, did you work it out? I am stuck not sure what to do if anyone can help?

This is P3 Standard thread, not P4. And needs a separate post rather than piling on another's post. Gets confusing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.