Firmware update issue, please help

Reaction score
So P3ADV arrived flew a few times this afternoon.
This evening planned to do the firmware update.

Downloaded the firmware 1.9.06, unzipped, loaded onto sd and switched on P3 lights and beeping. Lights stop beep continues just screeches short single beeps.

Upload to RC, no blue light or anything so not sure it uploaded.

P3 Still beeping away so power down.

Power it backup and it just starts beeping again, power up the RC it says connected I can see the camera footage and also safe to fly green. CSC and nothing happens.

Probably a newbie issue but need a bit of hep to get going again.

Thanks

Short single beeps mean that it updates. Leave it alone for 20-30min, until small LED on the gimbal stops changing red/green color and becomes solid green and the sound from short beeps become one beep + double beep. Then you should turn it off.

It might be installing the firmware on your battery if you inserted a different battery.

If it stops beeping and still does not start with a CSC, then try calibrating the remote controller -- like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just left it beeping away and it sorted itself in about 15 mins.

Tried the RC and not had any blue light come on, tried with sd card reader and secondly tried with usb stick. Can i check on the rc what firmware is running?

OK so RC reads

App version 2.8.6
Aircraft version 1.9.60
Remote Controller version 1.6.0

Is this as it should be?

First things first, that continues to be and always is: RTFM!!

After the update process was completed, You would place the micro sd card back in the computer where you downloaded the zip file and check the generated document file for Success.

Edit, my misunderstanding.

Read the document. What does it tell you? If it has failed then you need to reformat the micro sd card back in the drone and start the update over. If you have updated and all versions are to your liking, away you go, off to the air races... Haha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
OK so RC reads

App version 2.8.6
Aircraft version 1.9.60
Remote Controller version 1.6.0

Is this as it should be?
Yes. ;-)

Have fun, fly safe, happy landing...

RedHotPoker

Thanks for helping and for the piece of mind by confirming the versions.

I had read the txt file and could see success on the bird update. Wiped it and tried the RC did not get any lights or indication something happened and no txt file when I checked.

Glad to help. Unless you have extra batteries to update, you can now format the card in the drone, and go record some pics or awesome video...

RedHotPoker

Hi everyone,
Well , im practically new with my drone and The last time that I updated was at the end of April. So i was wondering the current firmware updates really work fine with my P3 Adv. since the last flights it keeps saying on the screen that the temperature of my battery is below the range, when actually is fine. So i was wondering if it could and update problem or something wrong with my drone. I use my iphone with IOS 9.3.4 and dji go app fw 2.8.6. Hope everyone has a good rest of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.