Firmware "update": Is this thing safe to fly or what?

nothing worse than a couple of grown men debating a subject that does not have any apparent answers-- nor will it ever be settled by these discussions. DJI is the only entity that can provide the answers and that is not forthcoming at this time

Sheesh! if you want to argue, exchange email addresses and slug it out-- I for one, could do without the damaging rhetoric. Lets talk about issues that we know will provide some good input for everyone who is here to talk about drones.

Cheers :):):)

Reactions: AbsPapa
nothing worse than a couple of grown men debating a subject that does not have any apparent answers-- nor will it ever be settled by these discussions. DJI is the only entity that can provide the answers and that is not forthcoming at this time

Sheesh! if you want to argue, exchange email addresses and slug it out-- I for one, could do without the damaging rhetoric. Lets talk about issues that we know will provide some good input for everyone who is here to talk about drones.

Cheers :):):)
Aw, c'mon. Don't you want to be a referee?

Reactions: Stephan
I am definitely no expert, but I had difficulty similar to yours when I tried to update. My update would not automatically start when I powered my craft up. You might not want to update anyway. Have you been reading some of the problams arising after some have updated?

I did a chat with DJI support and got it figured out. Update is now installed and things work great. I've seen your posts about some drifting issues after an update. Is it possible you are in a different location after the update; one where the VPS doesn't work as well.

I watched your video yesterday and was happy I'm a fellow p3 owner. I was hoping you'd cover the new app version as well. Specifically the gimbal mode as I don't see it in my app anymore

Thanks for watching! Wow, flattered.. Let me see what I can do.

I am amazed at how people who's P3s are working fine get so defensive when others who face real issues complain about it...

It is almost like people dont want to know that others have an issue...

God forbid when yours falls from the sky and you come on the site looking for answers...

I don't know how many times I have contacted DJI about an issue I know many people have and they behave as if I am the only person with the problem...

Since the 1.1.9 DJI has told not to fly and to wait for the next update. 1.2.0 has rendered my P3P worse than 1.1.9... I look forward to what they tell me tomorrow after 5 hours of problem solving and 4 flights for them to analyze...

Last edited:
update went fine, i practice 20 30 feet off the ground, make sure its hovering good, take it up slow down slow , maybe some circles , take it to 100 feet, watch tablet signals treat the bird right and don't goof around. And she'l amaze you

I am amazed at how people who's P3s are working fine get so defensive when others who face real issues complain about it...

It is almost like people dont want to know that others have an issue...

God forbid when yours falls from the sky and you come on the site looking for answers...

I don't know how many times I have contacted DJI about an issue I know many people have and they behave as if I am the only person with the problem...

Since the 1.1.9 DJI has told not to fly and to wait for the next update. 1.2.0 has rendered my P3P worse than 1.1.9... I look forward to what they tell me tomorrow after 5 hours of problem solving and 4 flights for them to analyze...

No one has ever complain about a person talking about having an issue. Its when those idiots use their own misfortune to try to scare others into believing that the issue is widespread. Its very rare to see someone say that their isn't an issue and those experiencing it are simple making individual errors. Granted those people are out there, but only a very few. Then there are 10 people that have a problem.. the almost all act like its the end of the world and DJI is terrible for allowing it to happen. That anyone that would voluntarily update is a fool and has no care for the safety of others. Its a minor error that causes low altitude hover fluctuations.. BFD! Its hardly the second coming of Christ!

@Steve Moore you are a very aggressive guy... Calm down already.

This is an open forum and we all have a right to say what we feel... if you dont like hearing people complain about it... dont read it... simple ;)

Actually I am one of those people with an issue who is still waiting for DJI to make a decision. 2 months down the line... after 3 updates they still are dragging their feet...

I am happy with my P2... not my P3... Their response each time is don't fly it and wait for the next update...

How do you like that brand new car you cant drive... hmmmnnn...

*EDIT You are welcome to view all my trial tests for DJI, where range is only 200m etc etc

Mine did OK the first time I took it up after the update. On the second battery I just parked it about 10 ft up in mid air and left the controls there. It wandered up and down in a meandering pattern about 6'-8' across until it finally bumped the ground and I was able to take the controls and keep it down long enough to kill the motors.

All successful installs on quad, r/c, and updated DJPilot, recalibrated IMU and everything else.

This is grounded until they get a working patch.

No one has ever complain about a person talking about having an issue. Its when those idiots use their own misfortune to try to scare others into believing that the issue is widespread. Its very rare to see someone say that their isn't an issue and those experiencing it are simple making individual errors. Granted those people are out there, but only a very few. Then there are 10 people that have a problem.. the almost all act like its the end of the world and DJI is terrible for allowing it to happen. That anyone that would voluntarily update is a fool and has no care for the safety of others. Its a minor error that causes low altitude hover fluctuations.. BFD! Its hardly the second coming of Christ!
@Steve Moore: Do you feel it's your job to control what every person that has a complaint, their statements? Chill, dude. You can't make every one say just what you think they should say. Who made you the forum god? Stop being so critical. Just saying. Read your own posts. You have no compassion, guy. This world is made up of all kinds of people and some of those are on here.

So first I'm defensive, then I'm aggressive? Give me advice to not read what I dont like just after jumping on other people for saying something you don't like? Im just guessing, but I bet you're an 0bama supporter?
Defensive.. No. Just factual
Aggressive.. **** right! But only when I can support myself with facts.

So first I'm defensive, then I'm aggressive? Give me advice to not read what I dont like just after jumping on other people for saying something you don't like? Im just guessing, but I bet you're an 0bama supporter?
Not everyone, maybe even no one cares about your facts. Just try passing over the comments of those you don't like. Somehow I think you might be one of those that is aggressive online, but when you are face to face in a controversy, you're probably a pussycat.

Reactions: Stephan
@Steve Moore: Do you feel it's your job to control what every person that has a complaint, their statements? Chill, dude. You can't make every one say just what you think they should say. Who made you the forum god? Stop being so critical. Just saying. Read your own posts. You have no compassion, guy. This world is made up of all kinds of people and some of those are on here.

Compassion?? I have never faulted a person for having issues, or for being frustrated. I totally get being pissed off that you bought a $1300 TOOL and its not working properly. I would be pissed off too! But I sure as hell wouldn't try to make my individual insignificant story into a ground breaking world scare. Telling ANYONE to not update is STUPID! if 50% of the Phantoms out there were defective then sure. but there aren't. Wasn't it you that jumped on people for treating new people like idiots? Scaring them into not wanting to fly? What message does it put across when you tell everyone to not trust the company and what they put out? Forum god?? OK. More like equalizer of ********. Give people a chance to learn for themselves if they can or cant trust DJI. They already made the purchase!

holy cow! now we straight into politics... get the guns out why don't you?

Mine did OK the first time I took it up after the update. On the second battery I just parked it about 10 ft up in mid air and left the controls there. It wandered up and down in a meandering pattern about 6'-8' across until it finally bumped the ground and I was able to take the controls and keep it down long enough to kill the motors.

All successful installs on quad, r/c, and updated DJPilot, recalibrated IMU and everything else.

This is grounded until they get a working patch.

My advice it to record your screen and then do a short flight which shows error, download the flight data. Open a dropbox account and upload all the files there, then contact DJI with all the data available, be prepared to WAIT though...

Telling ANYONE to not update is STUPID
Most of the clever P3 owners don't update immediately...

Personally I would let the dust settle, then update... in my case i had no choice

25kt xwinds and hovering under VPS works like a dream. GPS above 10ft also no problems. I guess I fall into the 99.9% group who have followed all instructions. I'm sure DJI will do tweaks like POI, follow me for the P3 etc. It's a very robust closed loop system. RTFM and you should be good to go.

25kt xwinds and hovering under VPS works like a dream. GPS above 10ft also no problems. I guess I fall into the 99.9% group who have followed all instructions. I'm sure DJI will do tweaks like POI, follow me for the P3 etc. It's a very robust closed loop system. RTFM and you should be good to go.
Yip, in 99.9% of the cases.

Lets keep it on topic and civil in here. Thanks. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31