Firmware update help please.

JD.

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Newbie here so bare with me.
I just had the fc40 plugged into the pc on the latest Naza assistant, it notified me that I needed an firmware update from v4.02 to v4.06 so I clicked update, it started and about 30%-50% into the update it then failed. the fc40 now just beeps, i powered down everything, rebooted all while still hooked up and still it beeps, also I disconnected from the computer powered up the quad as normal and still just beeps.

I got this error message;
CFG-ERR##Configuration error, this may be caused by firmware upgrade from the old version, or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter, power cycle your controller, and check all of the parameters)

how do i recalibrate tx, how to power cycle controller and check these parameters ?

anyone any ideas or help is much appreciated.

Just going to add that for quite expensive machines Dji seem really poor in there support, The only support seems to be in forums or youtube vids. For the cash the take I'm sure they can afford someone to put together a 'Full' decent proper manual. This is my first decent quad and it really off-putting, first i couldn't connect to window 10 but youtube sorted that not Dji, my Htc one M9 won't connect to the camera yet my wifes xperia z3 does no problem and now this......not even flown yet and already thinking this could be my last Dji.

cheers.

Hi Folks

Newbie here so bare with me.
I just had the fc40 plugged into the pc on the latest Naza assistant, it notified me that I needed an firmware update from v4.02 to v4.06 so I clicked update, it started and about 30%-50% into the update it then failed. the fc40 now just beeps, i powered down everything, rebooted all while still hooked up and still it beeps, also I disconnected from the computer powered up the quad as normal and still just beeps.

I got this error message;
CFG-ERR##Configuration error, this may be caused by firmware upgrade from the old version, or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter, power cycle your controller, and check all of the parameters)

how do i recalibrate tx, how to power cycle controller and check these parameters ?

anyone any ideas or help is much appreciated.

Just going to add that for quite expensive machines Dji seem really poor in there support, The only support seems to be in forums or youtube vids. For the cash the take I'm sure they can afford someone to put together a 'Full' decent proper manual. This is my first decent quad and it really off-putting, first i couldn't connect to window 10 but youtube sorted that not Dji, my Htc one M9 won't connect to the camera yet my wifes xperia z3 does no problem and now this......not even flown yet and already thinking this could be my last Dji.

cheers.

Tried to connect to Naza assistant today and nothing, just beeps. It say in red writing that I need firmware update but there is no connection with the bird and naza , the dim green light is on but there is nothing I can select ?

Please can anyone help

Hi again,

ok if anyone else has the Beeping problem with the above error message, here is how to fix it.

Basically again Dji naza app doesn't like windows 10 so it didn't download/install the firmware properly which caused the controller to error. What i tried was to uninstall the dji drivers and the naza assistant, then re-download the drivers & naza assistant whilst the fc40 is hooked up (like in the video in my other post in help selection) Only now did the beeping stop once it connected to the assistant. It is back how it was before i tried to update the firmware to V4.06, it is still on V4.02. I have not tried to update again (yet) as I don't want it to screw-up again.
I've checked all the parameters, IMU, ioc settings, compass calibration done, basically everything and it all seems ok.
Now I may finally be able to get to fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair